View Single Post
Old 01.09.2013, 04:18
Fibre Channel User

Lightbulb And yet another update to the image set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
having the original favicon allows us to use best available quality.
In theory, yes...

One of the problems is that many favicons are very poorly made and don't scale well at all!

Other problem is that many hosters might be offline at the moment when you try to grab the favicon (or they may have been "discontinued" - the site has been shut down), and it's still nice to have their icons displayed correctly, even if the program can't grab them.

Another issue is that a few very popular filehosters (like fileRIO) do not have a favicon (but they might have a logo from which I can produce a favicon) and the automatic 2-Letter system isn't always easy to know the hoster just by the icon.

For these and a few other reasons, here's another batch of icon files (1,000+ in total this time); if you're using jD version 2 beta, like me, you just have to unpack them all in "c:\Program files\jD\JDownloader v2.0\themes\standard\org\jdownloader\images\fav\" ( substitute "c:\Program files\jD\" for your main jDownloader folder path ) and agree to replace all existing files there; You won't regret it, but in any case you might back all of them in a zip file before just in case you want to revert the operation.

My point is: Why wait for jD to download all these files for you? Why gamble with the icons it won't be able to download? Why use files that do not scale well and you simply can't read when it's down to 16 pixels? It's only my opinion, but I really think this pack is worth it... Just unpack, sit back and relax.

DOWNLOAD the ZIP file in the attachments below:
(regular ZIP file, with 1046 PNG files inside, 876.2 Kb)