View Single Post
Old 14.09.2010, 18:49
george2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRONOMASTER View Post
@george2002

All I can do is suggest that you give Wine a try.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
Thx for that suggestion but i rather stay on linux in this case but of course everyday i use windows XP but in this case linux is more tailored to my needs
It will act only as a media centre: AP,SAMBA,FTP,and jdownloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
The PS command (with the appropriate parameters) allows you to list information about all of the processes (and I think threads). If you grep the output of ps -e (I think) grep will return a different value when it finds an occurrence than when it does not.

It has been years since I did this, so this is probably not right (the parameters changed) You are looking for a script something like:

Code:
while (`ps -e | grep "java.*"') {
    if (`ps -e --windowtitle | grep "*.?\Please Enter"') beep 700 2
    sleep 2
    }
sleep sleeps up to that number of seconds. It is like cron in that it uses the end of a second to update, rather than the passage of time. So `sleep 2` should sleep 1 to 2 seconds.

If the beep parameters are as I remember them, this is a request for a 2 second beep at 700Hz (A above middle C). That is the same frequency as most beeping alarm clocks. Almost nobody can sleep through it. We used to play songs by using beep followed by pairs of numbers.

Note that the conditionals are enclosed in accent characters ` ` so that they will be interpreted each time. This would be more efficient in TEMACS or AWK, but a lot harder to write.

As to regular expressions, they have changed a little over the years. Look at the documentation in the JDownloader Wiki.

I have been locked in the Windows world almost full time since 1996. Every so often, I get a chance to work in *nix for things like build scripts.
So this is only a theory ? as i wroted 1 post elier i'm novice in linux and things about operating on scripts overwhelm me :D if you could place a final solution for my problem from beggining to end i would be very thankful and of course other users that have same problem
Of course if someone other have a idea how to beat that problem i would be grateful for help in solving this problem

thx for any working solution
george2002