JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.11.2010, 06:01
wtvcash

Default Can you do these?

I have been using other RS downloader and just switch over to JDownloader. I am really impressed by the features especially the CAPTCHA feature.

I download a lot of files and I copied the URL into the comment in case I need some password for the downloaded files.
My previous downloader allows me to save the comments as text file and it name the text file the same name (different extension) as the downloaded file. Can I do this in JDownloader?

The automatic CAPTCHA is a powerful feature. But when it failed, it goes into waiting. Is there any way to tell automatic CAPTCHA to try only once and not to wait for that file?

:)
Old 20.11.2010, 11:14
remi

Cool

You can also pass different types of passwords to jD. You don't need to store them in the Comment field.

The extension "JDInfo File Writer" writes text files per package. If you want to try it, you need to to activate it.

I don't know what you mean with "waiting", because waiting can have so many meanings in jD. If you mean that the download failed because of erroneous captcha responses, you need to Reset the link. An "automatic retry" feature will come but I don't know when.

Please, also try to search the board, you'll find many things you didn't expect. External search engines are often better than the board's search engine.

Last edited by remi; 20.11.2010 at 11:16.
Old 21.11.2010, 03:47
wtvcash

I tried searching around using the board SE before posting this. I also tried the wiki.
Good point, I will search for more using external SE.

Thanks remi. Your answer to use "JDInfo File Writer" helps alot for starters like me.