Notices

Old 20.06.2010, 19:45
kkqqo

Default MediaFire IS AVAILABLE 3rd Party Download Tools

Hi,

I am JDownloader user from Hong Kong.
Yesterday I found a email form MF "Direct/Hot Linking"
and I am a Pro Member.

Direct/Hot Linking refers to bypassing the MediaFire download page. When you Hotlink a file from MediaFire or from a 3rd party website you do NOT see the MediaFire download page. This also enables direct streaming of media from your MediaFire account.

Importantly, MF has shared the source for the 3rd party downloader!
And I am here to asking will JDownloader support MF again?

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Your Regards,
kkqqo

Last edited by Jiaz; 24.06.2010 at 23:22.
Old 20.06.2010, 20:37
JD Manager

Hotlinking = you pay for traffic that user download your file do you really want that..

yes that api is known to use but im sorry they really *fuxxed* up that api. it does not work for all links, cannot handle password protected links and many more issues. we are working on mediafire but that api suxxs like hell. hope they improve it to make it usable....
Old 24.06.2010, 20:49
MediaFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Hotlinking = you pay for traffic that user download your file do you really want that..

yes that api is known to use but im sorry they really *fuxxed* up that api. it does not work for all links, cannot handle password protected links and many more issues. we are working on mediafire but that api suxxs like hell. hope they improve it to make it usable....
Excuse, me, you only reported 1 issue with a download and it was because you were trying to download a file from a private folder. We changed the permission support within 1 day. It doesn't support password protected files just like Direct/Hot linking via MediaPro doesn't support password protected files.

If you have another bug you certainly haven't reported it to me and unless you cant parse XML it is extremely simple to implement. If you cant implement the API or choose not to, that's fine. We provided you an easy to use and easy to implement XML API, it was not 'suxx like hell'.
Old 24.06.2010, 21:15
Community Manager

@MediaFire
I don't understand why password protected links shouldn't work ?
Just show that the file is password protected and make an API to send (post) the password...is that soo hard ??

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.06.2010, 23:21
JD Manager

I'm sorry for the way i wrote my post, i was disappointed in api because it did not work well for many testfiles and the lack of pw protected files. That disappointment leaded to my rude remark.

Would it be possible to add support for pw protected files? Eg return an error code when password is needed or wrong password is provided.
An api should provide all needed functions to offer download ability to premium users like in browser.

A user does not care how the tool works but he wonders if a link does not work in his tool but works in browser.

with kind regards
jiaz
Old 25.06.2010, 04:57
MediaFire

Quote:
I'm sorry for the way i wrote my post, i was disappointed in api because it did not work well for many testfiles and the lack of pw protected files. That disappointment leaded to my rude remark.

Would it be possible to add support for pw protected files? Eg return an error code when password is needed or wrong password is provided.
An api should provide all needed functions to offer download ability to premium users like in browser.

A user does not care how the tool works but he wonders if a link does not work in his tool but works in browser.

with kind regards
jiaz

"Would it be possible to add support for pw protected files? Eg return an error code when password is needed or wrong password is provided."

Yes we will add that for you.

"An api should provide all needed functions to offer download ability to premium users like in browser."

I dont disagree.

"A user does not care how the tool works but he wonders if a link does not work in his tool but works in browser. "

I agree.
Old 25.06.2010, 09:52
JD Manager

Thanks for the fast reply and adding support for pw. Would it be possible to inform me (write pm here in forum) when changes are done ?
Old 26.06.2010, 00:27
MediaFire

Will do, but the change will be available Tuesday afternoon.
Old 03.07.2010, 19:27
vigour

What's going on with this update ?!
Old 06.07.2010, 09:23
crialexyz

I have a question
we will only be able to download the links that are uploaded from now and have the approval of the uploaders?
Old 06.07.2010, 12:46
JD English Support (inactive)

Please phrase your question as a question.

I think the answer is that links that the uploaders have made public will be available. The date does not matter, as long as the file is still there.
Old 06.07.2010, 17:37
pete

Since I've got a mediafire premium account, I tried enabling some of the mediafire hoster code which was committed + commented out for handlePremium. Getting the XML back is no problem, nor is parsing out the <url>, but when I set the xml-provided URL as the final download URL, hitting that immediately with a GET request results in the the regular mediafire HTML page, not the file itself. Anyone know what is up w/ that mediafire API? Perhaps you're supposed to pass the premium key as a parameter to that final file download URL or something? The Mediafire API doc does not specify anything about the final download request structure, and it looked like all those random alphanumeric bits were in the url itself so no more params would be needed
Old 07.07.2010, 01:01
JD English Support (inactive)

Please try updating again. There is a new Mediafire plugin update that should fix the problem. Until last week, Mediafire did not have a password field in the API for premium users. That was why the code was commented out.
Old 07.07.2010, 08:43
crialexyz

sorry but english is no my language
mmm
i just update JD and i have a problem with mediafire
it says.....plugin missing...
what happen??
Old 07.07.2010, 11:23
drbits
Message deleted by drbits.
Old 07.07.2010, 11:28
JD Manager

plugin missing will be fixed soon
Old 05.08.2011, 22:37
alex_hbk82

Hi There,
I want to ask you. I would like to download files that are seperated into 6 files for example: test.001, test.002, and test.003. I were able to download all files except the first one. Some how I have to enter the password to unlock the files. I'm a Pro member. I've been using JDownloader as well but it doesn't work.

Can you help me how to solve this, please. Thank you for your time

Regards,
Alex
Old 06.08.2011, 00:42
Community Manager

@alex_hbk82
YOU have to know the password for the archive.
We can't know it as we didn't upload those files!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.08.2011, 06:52
alex_hbk82

@pspzockerscene
Thank you for the replay. I sent a message to the mediafire customer support. And he said that i have to ask the person who upload the files. But unfortunately i couldn't find who is the uploader. Where I can find who is the user that upload the file?? Here, I'll give you the website:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

It says: - Password Protected File -
Please enter the password below to download this file

Can you or anybody help, please. Thank you for your time.
Old 06.08.2011, 09:29
remi

If you don't remember the site where you found your links it will be difficult to find the uploader and to contact this person.

I always keep the source of my links and I can go back in case I didn't copy the password.
Old 06.08.2011, 10:48
alex_hbk82

@remi
Thank you for the reply. I found it from google. so here's the website that contains the files that i found
mediafire.com/?cq3j6dh3p3jui#

2 files from all the files requires password to unlock the file. I couldn't find the user who own the files. So I don't know how to contact them. What I'm supposed to do? Thank you..
Old 06.08.2011, 10:50
alex_hbk82

you can open this website that requires password protection:
mediafire.com/?znnmwm4nxat

(i didn't put "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** because it won't displayed on this forum)
Old 06.08.2011, 10:54
remi

All the links you show are mediafire links, not the site you copied the files from. If you know the content of these MF files then you can probably find the publishing site.

Note that this is a jD support site not a password finding help site.