JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.06.2011, 08:42
Mcnammara

Question Folders in packages.

Hello
Dear, I did research and found nothing.
I wonder how to create a folder inside the package.
I have created the package name MOVIES, and want to create folders within it: Aventuras, drama, music, documentaries, etc. ...
How can I do this. It is possible ?

grateful
Old 21.06.2011, 10:18
remi

No, you can't. You can use packages as categories if you want.

Please, read categories for more details.
Old 23.06.2011, 21:59
Mcnammara

Angry

Thanks for the help.
But I saw to create sub folders in package is not possible categories within, only package is not feasible because it generates a large disorganized of the files downloades.
Uuuuuunfortunately the Feature # 1234 - Add categories to Download Packages & Units, is far, far away ... never ... then case closed and nothing to do.:outch::outch::outch:

Thank you.
Old 24.06.2011, 09:25
remi

You can't create more than one folder for one package, because a packages corresponds to a folder.

You can create your own categories as packages and download files in different folders by using these different packages.
Old 24.06.2011, 23:44
Mcnammara

Thanks for your response.
But no solution, because my problem is how to organize internally JD entries into categories and sub ​​folders.
Only packages even more mess.
I have to save the source of the link in the comment line for future reference when one of the parties are broken and I have to do a new upload request.
The comment field is very helpful, and if I create categories for packages going to lose this feature.
No solution.

grateful
Old 25.06.2011, 08:49
remi

Maybe a text file is a better place to store such information. I store all my links in a text file, together with their source, titles, artists, etc.
Old 26.06.2011, 20:08
Mcnammara

Angry

Remi.

Thank you for your patient collaboration.
But it is not an ideal solution. I have over 5000 links in my main download folder.
Imagine cut and paste one by one?
I have sub folders of music with approximate 50,60,70 ... 100 links collections already downloaded.
Because I keep?
Need to send to friends, family, do a lot of queries from the source of the files stored in the "comment".
I notice that many users have requested the implementation of the "History" for more than two years, but this is not a priority.
This is the only sin in existing JD, absence of a history, which makes it not 100% wonderful.
Do not intend to make an apology to other software, but I have to keep using a similar application to solve this problem.:mad:

Thanks for your contribution and persistence to help.:thumbup:

hugs
Old 27.06.2011, 09:10
remi

Cool

I'm also using other download managers and I'm downloading twice as much with jD than with FDM.

I use FDM only because it allows me to replace the meaningless names of the files I download. FDM has a history mechanism but every x months it forces me to export and remove a part of that history because the program seems to have set an opaque limit to the number of items in that history.