JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.10.2010, 13:12
carlmart

Default How not to reset files

Usually I prefer RS, MU and NL for my downloads.

Others, such as Hotfile or Fileserve need constant filling up of letters for every single file you're downloading, to prove that there's someone there.

That is not only very bothersome, it gets worse: very often the connection cuts off and you lose the part you are downloading, even if it's almost complete.

That doesn't happen with those mentioned above, which continue to download from the point they were.

Is there a way I can prevent that to happen on file servers that need a new recognizance for each file, that is for them to "see" what's already downloaded and take from there?

BTW: does anyone know what's happening with Tehparadox.com? They seem to be down for more than a day. Will they be coming back?
Old 17.10.2010, 18:43
BW Z06

I guess you are downloading as a freeuser?!
No you can not start your download from a point the connection got lost...
Exceptional you are able to do so when you are downloading from a hoster that accepts resuming downloads (x7.to; letitbit; etc...).
You should buy a premium account if you want to enjoy full services of those hosters who do not accept resuming downloads.

Greetz,

BW Z06
Old 17.10.2010, 20:04
carlmart

Thanks. I guessed so.

In any case those servers should behave as the larger servers do. My downloads from MU or NL are also as a free user, and they resume downloads.
Old 17.10.2010, 21:15
BW Z06

Megaupload does so, but you are not able to resume downloads from Netload unless you have an premium account.
Old 17.10.2010, 22:25
carlmart

No, I don't have a NL Premium account, and downloads always resume. The only problem with NL is download is too slow.

RS, MU and NL are my first choices for download, in that order. I only have an RS Premium account.
Old 18.10.2010, 11:47
remi

Can you please provide a NL example link so that I can test this. Most hosts I'm using as a freeloader have resumable links.

If you're experiencing connection problems, you should read some sticky posts in this forum and the "General Bugreport" forum.
Old 19.10.2010, 12:57
carlmart

Example for NL. Right now I'm downloading this file from NL, and you seem to be right.

When the file stops downloading for any reason, when it comes back it resets and starts from the beginning again. They do not resume.

Maybe that's why downloading from NL has proven so slow.

At least I don't have to fill in awful characters for every file.
Old 20.10.2010, 09:24
JD English Support (inactive)

remi is asking for a URL on NL to test with.

The New Alice in Wonderland 720p x264

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 20.10.2010, 10:12
remi

Cool

Thanks for the links.

netload.in files are indeed non-resumable and with such large files I would not recommend that host to freeloaders.
Old 20.10.2010, 11:57
carlmart

As I stated I'm totally against non-resumable servers. But I will have to disagree about Netload, as they at least do not demand filling-up characters on every file and they seem to be much more stable.

Right now I'm in the middle of a NL download, and it seems to be going fine. They take much longer though, but not as much as a torrent download would take, for instance.

Let's hope someone from HF or FS is reading this column (!) and change the character writing request.

BTW, on some servers like Megaupload, JD seems to fill-up those characters. Is that so?
Old 21.10.2010, 12:22
JD English Support (inactive)

What do you mean by FS? FileServe.com is resumable. The trend has been for most hosts to be resumeable and they do require padded files (that was an early Torrent thing).

Did you mean HF and RS?
Old 21.10.2010, 12:33
carlmart

Yes, I meant Fileserve. I did have problems with their files because of not resuming.

But I will watch all of them more carefully from now on. I may have been wrong as I was with Netload, which in spite of not being resumable it certainly is much more reliable.