JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.06.2014, 09:11
trinee83

Default My list is disappeared

I got JD(0.9.581) crushed this week. after that, i restart that i found my list are dissapear and JD did't show anything but told me upgrade JAVA to 6.0. (and i did it) Now i forget what JAVA version i installed before, so i can't restore that too.

could i do something to help my list back?? or anything information i can find??

THX a lot

Last edited by trinee83; 14.06.2014 at 09:21.
Old 14.06.2014, 12:01
English Supporter

Save database.script in config folder, try replace it with database.zip from backup folder (unzip first).
Old 14.06.2014, 15:08
trinee83

thanks i save a lot but it's 6/1 file maybe i also lost some list too.....
Old 30.07.2014, 15:55
RobDownloader

Hi. I have JD 0.9.581, and I've been using it for a long time. Last night I closed JDownloader normally, and turned off my machine. Today I turned it back on, started JDonwloader, and the download list was EMPTY !! I proceeded as tony2long says. The database.zip was dated June 28, 2014, so I lost a full month of links. That means literally HUNDREDS of links from different sources. I'm afraid I know the answer, but ... is there really NO other way to recover my lost links? Thank you very much!
Old 30.07.2014, 17:02
English Supporter

If it was closed normally, maybe it's too big now, how big is it?
Try increase heap size.
Old 31.07.2014, 02:01
RobDownloader

Smile Download list lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
If it was closed normally, maybe it's too big now, how big is it?
Try increase heap size.
Hi, tony2long. Thanks for your answer. The database.zip file is 215 MB. I guess it's a huge file. Like I said, I've been using JDownloader for a long time (years), and I've NEVER erased links of completed downloads from the download list. That's because JD has a feature that I find quite useful: it helps me prevent downloading a file I've already downloaded before (I don't have a very good memory, and I've downloaded many files). That is because, if I add a link that's already in the list, JD warns me about that, and I can erase the newly added link. But of course, this only works if the old link remains in the list forever.

Is my database.zip too big? If so, could you please tell me how to increase the heap size? I've tried to find out how to do it, unsuccessfully.
Thanks again!
Old 31.07.2014, 04:55
English Supporter

That file is damaged. Normal big is 10 MB or maybe more, but not 215 MB.

BTW normal startup with java jar command is "java -jar -Xmx512m JDownloader.jar", 512 can be changed with 1024
Old 31.07.2014, 18:55
RobDownloader

Talking More trouble

Quote:
That file is damaged. Normal big is 10 MB or maybe more, but not 215 MB.

BTW normal startup with java jar command is "java -jar -Xmx512m JDownloader.jar", 512 can be changed with 1024
Hello and thanks again, tony2long.

1) I'm afraid I've no idea how to use the "java -jar -Xmx512m JDownloader.jar" code. I'm just and end user (basically, I know that if I copy a download link, JDownloader includes it in its download list, and eventually downloads it. I don't know much more than that.)

2) Things seem to be getting worse. Yesterday I included a few download links (around 15 or 18) in the empty download list. JDownloader downloaded some of them, and others remained pending.
At night, I closed JDownloader normally and turned off the computer, like the night before. Today morning I started JDownloader and the download list was EMPTY AGAIN !!
I closed JD, removed the files from JD's config folder, and attempted to start JD again. As I clicked on the JD icon on the desktop, I got a message saying that JD would start updating, or something like that, I do not remember exactly.
I accepted and one second later the JD UI opened, but the following message appeared:

"Java update Warning!

A new Java version has been released recently. We discovered that upgrading
previous java versions > to java 1.6.0_26 will cause your JDownloader download
list to disappear.

So if you are planning to upgrade to java 1.6.0_26 > first complete your
downloads, empty your list, and only then continue with the java update. After the
upgrade is done you can continue adding new links to your JDownloader safely."

:outch:

3) So, yesterday I had JD version 0.9.581, now I seem to have 0.9.334. I don't know why the version has changed. I don't know which version I SHOULD have. I think I remember I've had 0.9.334 in the past, and it caused me trouble then.

4) About the Java version, I'm also confused. The message speaks of a new version available, 1.6.0_26. I checked my control panel, and I have Java 7 update 65, by Oracle, which was installed in my machine on Aug 13, 2013.
Not even the version name structures are similar, so I'm completely at a loss what to do with this issue.

Excuse me for such a lengthy post, but this is a bit too much for an end user, with no technical knowledge of JD or Java.

Thank you again !
Old 31.07.2014, 19:33
English Supporter

That Java update Warning is an old warning, when you remove the files from JD's config folder, JD will start like a new installation. You can continue until it is updated, or use database.script from backup folder (unzip first, choose the newest but not too big). The list is in database.script.

Java command can be entered in command prompt for Windows.
Old 02.08.2014, 03:01
RobDownloader

Smile Thanks !

Quote:
That Java update Warning is an old warning, when you remove the files from JD's config folder, JD will start like a new installation. You can continue until it is updated, or use database.script from backup folder (unzip first, choose the newest but not too big). The list is in database.script.

Java command can be entered in command prompt for Windows.
Hi, tony2long. Again thanks for your help!

As I said before, the first time my download list appeared empty, I removed the files from the config folder, restarted JD and included a few download links. I checked the size of the database.script file; it was 4 MB.
The next day I started JD and the download list was empty again. I checked the database.script file size again and it was 218 MB !!

I repeated the steps I just described, and the next day (that is, today) the list was OK. I don't know why the file seems to have got corrupted twice in a couple of days, causing me to lose my long list, which included lots of pending downloads.

I had checked the contents of the database.script, and it seemed to me that the download list must have been there somewhere, but it was fairly cryptical to me.

As to the Java command, I will not use it for the time being, as the problem I had seems to have been caused by a corrupted file, as you explained.

Thanks again. Have a nice weekend!