JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 11.10.2014, 19:50
Super Loader

Default JDownloader 2 freezes a lot

Hi there,

I am using Mac OS 10.9.5 and today I was first upgrading my JD to JD2Beta. Upgrade went well, all the hosters were in there but then: first freeze. Freeze means in this case that I can see the... what do you call that... colored spinning wheel and nothing else happens.

The only thing I can do at this point: Shutdown the programm via the OS X menu bar. This does not happen at any particular action or situation. Sometimes JD2 lets me copy links and even download and sometimes it freezes right at the beginning.

What I did so far:
- Deleted the content out ouf the "tmp" folder in the JD2 directory
- Tried to to an update from outside of JD2 + deleting the content of the update folder first
- Reinstalled JD2 completely as new program

I hope you can help me out on this! Answers can be in German too :-)

Thanks
Samoth
Old 12.10.2014, 02:40
Spanish Supporter

Please join at support chat between 9am - 5pm CET, and contact coalado. He is there from Monday to Friday, btw.

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Last edited by Lram32; 20.10.2014 at 20:49. Reason: fixed typo
Old 12.10.2014, 02:49
English Supporter

Spinning wheel on the bottom toolbar, plugins been active shouldn't freeze the application, as they are threaded process and separate from the GUI. OR the spinning robot in the middle of linkgrabber/download tab frames when you first start application?

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 12.10.2014, 18:51
Super Loader

Hello raztoki,

I hope I get you right and just to make sure, we are talking about the same loading symbol... this is the one I am mentioning: h++p://www.reviversoft.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Spinning-Beach-Ball1-296x300.png (Hope it is OK to post links here?)

This appears somehow randomly whenever JD2 is running. Right now mostly when the program started I click on settings or any other menu item - here it is. It keeps on spinning and spinning and spinning. JD2 does not recognize any keystroke, etc. I will have to kick it out manually.

I do not even have to add links to see this loading symbol. Simply playing around in JD2 is enough to reproduce this issue.

Regards
Samoth
Old 13.10.2014, 02:29
English Supporter

@Samoth
Jump our online chat during German Business hours, and find myself or coalado and ask for Teamviewer session

Thankyou
raztoki

Old 13.10.2014, 22:00
Super Loader

Thanks! I will see when I can do that, since I am working from 0800-1700h. Probably on Friday...
Old 19.10.2014, 16:50
Super Loader

Hi there,

just wanted to leave some information here, maybe it can help others: Luckily Raztoki and Jiaz were checking my JD2 installation and they found out that the problem appears when using Java 7 on OS X, hope I got that right? Here is the description of the issue: http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8025588

What I have heard from Raztoki, JD comes with its own Java 6 and does not need an installed Java - at least on OS X.

Current Solution, but not final: Not starting JD2 via the Icon but using the "jdownloader.jar" file in the JD-package. Jiaz was going to fix the app somehow :-)

What I can say up to this point: Great work from you guys! Unbelievable you are doing all this (plus support) beside your normal lifes - thank you!

Cheers
Samoth
Old 20.10.2014, 03:54
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram32 View Post
Please join at support chat between 9am - 5pm CET, and contact to coalado. He is there from Monday to Friday, btw.
I think you mean Monday through Friday. The "to" is non-inclusive, while the "through" is. "To" is a constantly misused word here in the states.
Old 20.10.2014, 11:42
English Supporter

@Samoth
JD2 can be provided with Java 1.7 update something for memory think newer installations with 1.8 update something. Issue has been fixed in newer 1.8 but older osx can not use 1.8 for some silly reason. Jiaz solution is to downgrade localised (JD2 can provide Java) Java. Think that was the gist!

Old 20.10.2014, 12:19
djmakinera
Message deleted by raztoki. Reason: keep to your own threads, specially when your issue has nothing todo with OP and/or thread tag is solved!
Old 20.10.2014, 20:28
Super Loader

Hey there,

just wanted to let you know that since Jiaz provided another(?) installer to me, JD2 seems to be working. In the menu I can see Java 1.8 is being used.

I already asked Jiaz what kind of magic this is, since it is working now ;-)

Cheers
Samoth
Old 21.10.2014, 02:15
English Supporter

forgot to say in my last reply that your system java is 1.6, and that's why it worked when I teamviewed, as Java bug wasn't present. By the sounds of it you can provide 1.8 outside of installer and it will work on older system. They (Oracle) must only prevent installation via installers.

Old 21.10.2014, 11:11
djmakinera
Message deleted by Lram32. Reason: Same of raztoki - keep to your own threads, specially when your issue has nothing todo with OP and/or thread tag is solved!
Closed Thread