JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.07.2010, 02:26
RockinJD

Talking How to or wish ;) Pause Link Grabber - Date link Grabber checked file & WebURL

Is there anyway to pause link grabber? If not, can I bribe someone with some cheap wine and hot girls to add it? (or maybe some hot wine and cheap girls?)

If not already on the wish list, is it possible to add the date/time the link was checked?

When viewing a grabbed link is there any way to find out what the originating url was (in case of offline files). (I guess it would be a matter of actually displaying something in the comment). As right now, offline file disappear when added to the downloads, so it's next to impossible to find out what the url was when it failed. Short of leaving the Web Page open from the originating link, and or some googlefoo.

Thanks.

RockinJD

Last edited by Jiaz; 08.07.2010 at 10:58.
Old 08.07.2010, 10:57
JD Manager

0.) at the moment you can only disable the clipboard watcher (in toolbar), linkgrabbing abort is not implemented yet
1.) at the moment only added/finished dates exist
2.) rightclick on link and open in browser or copy url , only possible if adding plain links. jd will not give you links of containers or crypted sources
3.) adding crypted links (eg shortener), you can rightclick and open in browser and the source will open in browser
4.) the OFFLINE Package will not get added to downloadlist (automatic cleanup). if you want to add complete offline files, then move the files to a different package, that can be added to downloadlist
Old 08.07.2010, 16:42
RockinJD

That worked perfect Jiaz, thanks!

I just renamed the Offline Package to "test" and added it to downloads, then the comments were displayed so I could track down the offending offline links.

Would it be considered a bug that Link Grabber, never displays comments then?
Also, you can enter a comment into link grabber, but it isn't saved.

RockinJD
Old 08.07.2010, 20:43
JD Manager

open propertie window in linkgrabber, there you can set and view comments too!?
Old 08.07.2010, 17:28
JD English Support (inactive)

Linkgrabber keeps comments in the package properties. Enable Info File Writer to see them.
Old 08.07.2010, 22:50
RockinJD

Ah, OK, I was trying to set a comment on a file, not the package. Now the comment function works fine Thanks.

Perfect, the only thing left would be the ability to Pause Link grabber, what the procedure for officially requesting that to be added?

RockinJD
Old 08.07.2010, 23:04
JD Manager

drbits should add ticket to bugtracker
Old 10.07.2010, 16:00

Hi JD,

Before I write it up, why do you need to pause LinkGrabber? I need enough detail to explain it to a developer.

How do you want to request a pause? I don't think the context menu would work. Perhaps the ESC key or a button.
----------------
One way to deal with the link checking is to turn it off in the settings, delete the links you don't want, and then select the links you want to check and use the context menu to request checks (http://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/show/847). Something similar was recommended in http://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/show/1130 (there are some diagrams attached to that page).

----------------------
One suggestion we have discussed in the forum is to copy the entire post (with Ctrl+C) and let LinkGrabber grab all of the links. Then, paste the clipboard contents into the Comment field (the comment field will hold a lot, but it makes it all one line, so we have a feature request to fix that).

drbits

Last edited by drbits; 10.07.2010 at 16:05.
Old 10.07.2010, 17:34
RockinJD

Hey DrBits,

What I specifically want is a way to pause ALL link grabbing activity. Say I add 4500 links, and its' checked 500 of those. Say one of my connections goes down, or my routing goes down to Megaupload. I want to be able to pause Link Grabber so it doesn't start to pool all the offline files into the "offline" group and munge all of my packages I just spent time adding

1130 is a good idea, I want a way to either A. Export the links I've added, so I can delete and re-add them later, or B. Pause it so it stops checking the links until I tell it to again.

I have been using the work around. However the one limit is, when people do a HREF link and don't display the link, copying it to a txt file doesn't work, You get Hotfile #1, Hotfile #2, not the **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

Thanks.
RockinJD
Old 11.07.2010, 09:15
JD Manager

you can still rightclick package/links and recheck online status in linkgrabber, then it should get resorted again.
Old 12.07.2010, 12:06
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinJD View Post
However the one limit is, when people do a HREF link and don't display the link, copying it to a txt file doesn't work, You get Hotfile #1, Hotfile #2, not the **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.
If this is what my colleague drbits refers to I'll be glad to explain it to you. I believe this copying of "hidden" html links has been implemented in the test but not in the stable version.

I just go to the source of the page, find the links and copy them with the html tags into my text file. No need to copy the whole page. You can of course use the URI of the page, but this only works when that page happens to contain only those links you want.
Old 11.07.2010, 12:06

JD,
We have two issues. The first is solved: we have already added bugtracker tickets to help with this problem in the future.

For now, when you copy more than a few links at a time, paste your information into a text file. If there is a problem, you can then do a copy on the text (ask remi for any details). If you are copying a DLC or CNL, save the page address in the text file.

Don't try to add more than a few assemblies at a time (the files that LinkGrabber puts together into a package). Then, you won't have to stop LinkGrabber. I have been known to add a few hundred links at a time by copying a web page, but I know that any problem will eat that page and possibly several more (since I am adding page by page, I can just add again).

As Jiaz says, if a problem occurs, wait for LinkGrabber to finish with the links you have added, fix your problem, and ask LinkGrabber to reprocess the links. It even takes them out of the Offline package.

So, while we wait for future improvements (probably next year, because there are several high priority improvements to fix first), you can work within the current Stable or Nightly release.

The future improvements that are already in bug tickets include a pause button to pause all processing (rather than the current button that just slows processing and should be a yellow triangle that says Slow. They also include a text file based container system that does not encrypt links that are not already encrypted. They also include fixing the format problems in Comment and a setting to copy the entire clipboard text contents and "shortcut" contents to the Comment field. The fifth is to distinguish between Links that are Deleted and Links that are not accessible. Adding the date and time that processing actually began. The time that LinkGrabber began processing a link is already available.

Last edited by drbits; 11.07.2010 at 12:16.
Old 11.07.2010, 18:54
RockinJD

Perfect!, Thanks you guys ROCK!

RockinJD