JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.10.2014, 21:28
Community Manager

@CuF
Again:
JD2 = JD1 continued!
Also, your post contains some bugreports (non saved "do not show again" options) - please report them (NOT in this thread).

About already existing files:
As said multiple times already - an already existing file does not mean that it is the same which you re trying to download.
Using only the filename just to see that a file with the same name already exists is WRONG.
Using the filesize (and name) is better but filesizes are not always given - and are not always 100% correct!
I dont understand your feedback about the "file already exists/duplicate window"...

About completed downloads:
As already said multiple times, you can define the behavior for that in the advanced settings:
GeneralSettings: On Skip Due To Already Exists Action

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 02.10.2014, 01:29
CuF

I wasn't aware that the thrust of my message was about a comparison of JD1 to JD2. Just that JD2, although beta, has become the de facto primary version of Jdownloader, and it just isn't ready for that.

As far as the bug report in the wrong place, the issue is a bit vague to describe, and I just don't feel like aggressively testing it and reporting it as a bug. I'm just stating my experience.

I was also referring to files that were downloaded via my browser and then moved to the package folder because of plugin issues. They are identical files by name AND size.

Edit:
Quote:
As already said multiple times, you can define the behavior for that in the advanced settings:
GeneralSettings: On Skip Due To Already Exists Action
I did not know about this option, it isn't identical to what I was talking about, but "Skip File & Mark as Finished" should minimize the issue.
Old 02.10.2014, 21:22
encouragingsong

Default I Love JDownloader's Newest Update!!!

Thank you, JDownloader, the newest software update is AWESOME!
Old 03.10.2014, 14:43
Community Manager

Thanks - what exactly did you like best?

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.10.2014, 08:19
Giga Loader

Thanks for the lowered cpu usage, I've noticed its gone from 8% steady on an x4 630 to 0% unmeasurable in recent builds.
Old 05.11.2014, 10:40
Benna

Hi Everybody, i'm using JD2 since the beginning but i have problem i'd like to share with you because is going me crazy.

Every time i download a set of archive i get the "completed" message for everyone of them, but when i try to extract them i get "file corrupted". I then must download then again, (finding the corrupted one among many hundreds) and in that case the file are downloaded correctly.

I'm using Easybytez as host. Can someone tell me if i'm performing some mistake or if effectively JD2 has some kind of known bug that leads to wrong downloaded files?

If i use JD1 i have no problem (on the same machine with the same Hard disk to store the files)

Basically, at the moment i cannot trust the tool.... but i have to find out the reason of all of this

Last edited by Benna; 05.11.2014 at 10:44.
Old 05.11.2014, 16:13
Community Manager

Bugreports don't go here, see thread-title

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 05.11.2014, 16:50
Benna

My intent was not to submit a bug but was reporting my experience using JD2 and wanted to know if somebody else have the same problem. Maybe is just a problem of mine, i don't think that users get exicted about a drop in CPU usage while the file downloaded are corrputed most of the time

Anyway, i'm going to post this in the correct thread. thanks!
Old 08.11.2014, 13:24
TorrentzGuy

Smile Great release but annoyed by loss of focus

The new version looks great, the overall experience is faster and much more responsive, kudos to the team.

Only one thing is really annoying me though, now when a popup opens it doesn't have focus on the main text field (I'm using it on Lubuntu, it may be a platform bug?). For example, the captcha popup doesn't put the focus on the captcha answer text field, the "move to new package" popup doesn't focus on the package name text field, etc.. This forces the user to click on the text field before typing and is very annoying.
Old 08.11.2014, 13:58
English Supporter

@TorrentzGuy
designed in that fashion for the following reason

your typing away, and you get a captcha dialog that steals focus you don't reliase (maybe you have sound disabled). You press enter or what ever to submit captcha, you send invalid capatcha and the hoster then penalises you! Some hosters make you wait between captcha guesses, some also ban you from service for multiple incorrect answers. This is to prevent computer programs with low success rate to automatic solve captchas! It's easy to detect when answer from computer since its 10-15% success rate vs human 80-90%. Then also you loose all what you where doing in previous program because JD steals focus. == loose loose.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 08.11.2014, 18:56
TorrentzGuy

@raztoki
Agreed on the captcha popup stealing the focus, very annoying when the main jdownloader windows is out of focus, minimized, on the tray, etc., but the other internal popups/dialogs don't suffer from that problem: I want the focus on the new package name because that's why I move downloads to other package.
Old 08.11.2014, 23:53
English Supporter

not following, previous post was about captcha, now you are mention something about main window focus points which is not related to your original post. You can customise focus points in linkgrabber when new links add, please check out settings > user interface > window management :: when new links are added.

and you can also expand packages see 'advanced setting > LinkCollector: Package Auto Expanded'.

Old 09.11.2014, 00:57
CuF

He is complaining that the CAPTCHA pop-ups steal window focus... and I agree it is an issue.
Old 09.11.2014, 14:32
TorrentzGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
not following, previous post was about captcha, now you are mention something about main window focus points which is not related to your original post.
In my original post I gave two examples, one about the captcha popup and one about the "move to new captcha" dialog. Let's forget about the captcha, but other dialogs should have the focus on the appropriate text input field. For example, using my second example, if you go to the "LinkGrabber" tab, select a bunch of packages/links, right click on them and choose "Other > Move to new Package", then comes a "New Package" dialog without focus on any text input fields. Usually the user would want to change the package name.
Old 09.11.2014, 19:53
CuF

Agree again, TorrentzGuy. I'm always surprised the New Package dialog doesn't have the package name input preselcted. I always start typing and then realize I need to click in it.
Old 12.11.2014, 13:29
zele

Default Jd 2.

Bit the bullet and moved to jd2. Fully worth the effort. Issue with installer but not a deal breaker. Automatically imported my old linklist. Gui, updates, dls etc all working properly.
Support jd and consider moving. No use complaining or abstaining. Yes, it's an adjustment but it's an adjustment worth making. JD 2 is the future, so might as well move now and help them make it a better experience for you.
Thank you jd team.

Last edited by zele; 12.11.2014 at 13:51.
Old 12.11.2014, 14:22
English Supporter

@Zele,
thank you for the positive feedback!

raztoki

Old 23.11.2014, 07:30
Super Loader

Hallo,

seit einiger Zeit benutze ich JD2. Eine große Verbesserung. Aber ein paar Punkte:

Die Überwachung der Zwischenablage. Sobald man die einschaltet werden alle eventuell gerade in der Zwischenablage stehende Links verarbeitet. Selbst nach einem Neustart verarbeitet er die Links, sogar wenn sie bereits in der Downloadliste stehen. Windows verschickt doch Nachrichten, wenn sich der Inhalt der Zwischenablage ändert. Überwachung der Zwischenablage hiße dann diese Nachrichten zu verarbeiten. Ich meine mich zu erinnern, dass der alte JD das so gemacht hat.

Die Integration der diversen Captachaustauschdienste. Ich stehe vor dem Problem, dass ich bei captchabrotherhood und bei 9kw jeweils ein Konto habe und beide aktiviert habe, kann ja immer mal einer offline sein oder gerade keine Antworten haben. Führt aber dazu, dass rechts unten zwei Benachrichtigungen kommen, dass das gleiche Captcha jetzt in ein paar Sekunden an beide Dienste gesandt wird, was eine Verschwendung von Credits ist, spätestens dann, wenn ich nicht da bin um auf "abbrechen" zu klicken. Erwünschtes Verhalten ist, dass erst der eine Dienst gefragt wird und nur wenn der keine Antwort liefert, der andere.

Neulich war captchabrotherhood mal wieder offline. Da wurde mir in der Statusleite in dem Popup "0 Credits" angezeigt. Kurzes Erschrecken, wo die vielen tausend Credits gelandet sein könnten ohne dass eine Datei geladen wurde. Anzuzeigen, dass der Dienst gerade nicht erreichbar ist anstelle einer Null wäre nervenschonend.

Und wenn es gerade von keinem Dienst eine Antwort gibt, wird die Datei als "übersprungen - Captcha Eingabe erforderlich" markiert. Wie automatisiere ich das Rücksetzen des übersprungen-Status?

Für 9kw kann man sich ein Log der Captchaaktivitäten anlegen lassen. Geht das auch für die anderen Dienste, ruhig als ein Log, das alle Captchaaktivitäten aufnimmt? Und mit Zeitstempeln?

Gruß, Alfred
Old 23.11.2014, 19:24
Community Manager

Hi
1. Ich weiß nicht genau was du meinst - in JD1 hat der Linkgrabber allerdings Links aufgezeigt (=gelb markiert), die bereits in der Downloadliste existierten.
Das tut JD2 bisher noch nicht, kommt aber noch...

2. Du kannst in den Einstellungen Prioritäten von Captchadiensten setzen

3. Zum "0 Credits" Problem:
Hm scheint ein Fehlerfall zu sein, der noch nicht definiert ist.
Log dazu wäre praktisch.

4. Nein, es gibt keine Möglichkeit, übersprungene Links automatisiert zurücksetzen zu lassen.

5. Mir ist kein CBR Log bekannt.
Das liegt daran, dass sich 9kw selbst um ihr Plugin kümmert und die anderen Dienste nicht.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.12.2014, 00:56
Amour

Hi, could we consider removing the "BETA" from the title of JDownloader 2 BETA?