JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.01.2010, 01:49
Vacuum Cleaner

who cares if people put outrageous numbers. if their internet capacity doesn't allow those numbers they'll download at max number anyhow

and if they set it too low, than it'll just be slow

queuing in shareaza lol piece of cake

well the reason for me to start this thread was to be able to control the download rate of different packages due to low speeds the non premium hosts provide.
I am currently member to rapid.com and hotfile. and people put so many other hosts and its impossible to be a member to all.

I would love to be able to control my bandwith allowing full allowed speeds for non-premium and limited on premium packages.

I don't know if u guys have such needs but my non-premiums go down to 1kb/s and eventually stop while downloading from premium hosts. then the failed or stopped ones has to restart. then it says no permission to write to disc. then i've to reset the download. wait for the hour limit or so. and then try again. this bores the hell out of me. just getting 30-40kb and being able to download the file fully at once, while downloading 40kpbs less on premium links is better imho. this is not fully adjustable with the Max Con. number because when the non premium links are fully downloaded and the only links remaning are the premium ones, then I'll be downloading with 1 connection per file thus rendering the file download speed slower and more time consuming.. if u know what i mean

Last edited by XtremeMaC; 16.01.2010 at 01:53.
Old 16.01.2010, 01:59
Vacuum Cleaner

ow and this can be incorporated as an add-on so average user does not get confused...
Old 16.01.2010, 02:41
JD English Support (inactive)

For now, you can set the start priority on non-premium downloads to high. That will make sure they download.

Set Max.Dl. to 1 or 2 more than the number of non-premium hosts you are downloading from. You control how much of the bandwidth the Premium host takes by setting Max. Con.

It is better to keep Maximum simultaneous downloads per host higher than to keep Max. Con. higher. There is less internet overhead. This way, you download quickly from the Premium accounts when the non-premium hosts are not in the mix, but you download several files in parallel when the non-premium hosts are not bogging you down.

Hey, this is just like the queuing in Shareaza.
Old 16.01.2010, 09:04
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
For now, you can set the start priority on non-premium downloads to high. That will make sure they download.

Set Max.Dl. to 1 or 2 more than the number of non-premium hosts you are downloading from. You control how much of the bandwidth the Premium host takes by setting Max. Con.
What is the connection between both above paragraphs with speed limit control per download?
Old 16.01.2010, 12:25
JD English Support (inactive)

This solves your overall problem. Balancing Premium and non-Premium downloads.

Speed limit control per download will not be in the next release, so I thought you would want a work around.
Old 16.01.2010, 12:31
remi

The only way to limit speed in jD is to use the Speed setting. If you want a maximum speed per download then you need to start more than one instance of jD.

As Jiaz said, this might become a new feature.