JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.06.2010, 12:47
Ilieff

Thumbs down CRC weird errors

Hi... In the last 3 days I had several crc errors. I looked up for info and try to fix it ( Uninstall nod32 anti virus, allow java and javaw in the windows firewall, uninstall JDownloader and java, check cables). That started to happen with no reason at all. I haven't changed any configuration on windows, the anti virus or firewall.

The weird thing is that when I tried to unrar the files I have downloaded, winrar told me that files 1,4,9, 11 and 15 had crc errors... I re downloaded those files, and winrar told me that files 1, 2, 5, 12 and 15 had errors... I re downloaded those "new" corrupted files, and winrar told me that other files had errors, and so on... I don't know why the files that were ok, randomly got crc errors...

(While JD and Java where not installed, I could unrar the files with no error message, but of course, the program didn't installed ok)

And then, after reinstalling java and JD, JD doesn't check for crc errors anymore (The option for checking crc erros is checked), so now I don't know which files are ok when they finish downloading and cant make a log...

so... I think thats all... for now...
Old 09.06.2010, 13:11
Ilieff

and I allready set max con /dls to 1
Old 10.06.2010, 09:06
JD English Support (inactive)

If the archive unrared for you manually, you are done with that download

My usual suggestion when things change suddenly and for no apparent reason is to close everything down and restart your computer. You would be amazed at how many temporary (and frustrating) problems that will fix. The fact is that most PCs have no error protection built into the memory or the processor. Only the disk drives have error protection.

Cosmic rays or stray radiation from the material the computer is made of can cause a memory bit to flip. If it is the wrong bit, then weird things will happen until reboot. It does not happen often, but it does happen.
Old 10.06.2010, 09:52
Ilieff

thanks dr.bits for your answer...

but I could unrar the file because winrar didn't told me the files have errors... So when I tried to open the ISO file, there where files missing and stuff...

I rebooted the pc thousand times and the same thing happens over and over. Then I opened the cpu, took out the video card, hard disk, etc, cleaned, put all back together... and nothing... I can't understand whats wrong...

I'll show you a recent example:

1st attempt:

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part03.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part07.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part10.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part12.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part23.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part31.rar: CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The file is corrupt

Files 3, 7, 10, 12, 23 and 31 have crc error...

2nd attempt (reseted downloads):

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part03.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part05.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part10.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part27.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The volume is corrupt

! C:\...\Mass-Effect-CD1-KTU.part31.rar: CRC failed in Zerovb.Com.Kilowa.Mass.Effect.CD1.iso. The file is corrupt

Files 3, 5, 10, 27 and 31 have crc error...

WHY??? :'(... the files where just fine hours ago, and I've reseted the pc
Old 10.06.2010, 10:14
Fantastic

You never know why but I suggest you to download only the broken parts.
Old 10.06.2010, 11:05

Please try a chkdsk /R on that drive or store the downloads to a different drive. See if that helps. chkdsk /R takes a long time (it tests every sector of the disk), but it is worthwhile if your disk is getting old or is new.

Is it only this archive or this host? If the host is having problems, they get passed directly to you.

Also, if you have winrar, try repairing each of the bad rar files. If there is enough recovery data in the archive, it might fix the problems.

Please let us know how it goes.

Last edited by drbits; 10.06.2010 at 11:09.
Old 10.06.2010, 22:35
Ilieff

Last edited by Ilieff; 11.06.2010 at 11:36. Reason: doesn't had sense... I need to learn more english and how to delete posts
Old 11.06.2010, 11:36
Ilieff

ok... here are the results...

In the first image says "CHKDSK has found and fixed one or more errors"

so.. thats it?
Old 12.06.2010, 02:41
Ilieff

sorry for so many posts, but I want to waste your time, so I update the post.

I had run memtest86, and when my 2 RAMs are coneccted, memtest shows lots of errors... When only 1 is conected, there are no errors at all...
Old 12.06.2010, 03:38

If you are having memory errors, you have to track that down before any disk checks are meaningful.

Test each card individually. If both of them work fine alone, then the memory manager is bad. It might be only the connection for a higher memory total, so you might be OK.

The problems with you disk are fairly severe, memory errors will do that. Once your memory is working properly, You have to tell it to run CHKDSK /P at the next reboot (I did not know it changed with the system language setting).

Running CHKDSK while the disk is being used cannot change the disk. You have to tell it to run when you reboot.

The problem is that you cannot trust the data on the disk, because of the past memory problems. You have to backup all of your data that is important and reinstall the OS and the programs.

Then, we can talk about CRC errors
Old 16.06.2010, 19:24
Ilieff

I sent my pc to an IT store for having my memories checked and they said the memories are ok and "if the memory has any kind of error, the pc wont start". Is that true?... I think not...
Even if I had to explain them what CRC means, and telling that removing one of the memories the problem got solved and memtest tells it has errors.

I don't trust no one anymore

haha

Anyway. I managed to make jdownloader dowload without errors, and bought a new pc yesterday, so I'll test the memories in that pc.

Thanks for everything.
Old 16.06.2010, 23:26
eMeR Manix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilieff View Post
I sent my pc to an IT store for having my memories checked and they said the memories are ok and "if the memory has any kind of error, the pc wont start". Is that true?... I think not...
Lied or did not know at this...

Of course PC can boot even with some kinds of RAM errors.
Moreover, most of problems with bad RAM, which I was seen for years, was related to unpacking archives.

So, if You are covered by active/current warranty for this PC, You should reclaim it from Your seller or, maybe, go to court...
Old 17.06.2010, 02:32

Almost all PC's have no fault tolerance. If possible, get ECC memory (error correcting).

When you boot a PC, it usually checks 1 word out of every 64 MB as part of the POST (Power On Self Test). There is usually a setting in the CMOS (BIOS) to have the computer check all memory at POST, but this can take a couple of minutes with 2GB of memory.

Old memory used to have an extra bit per byte to report when there was a memory error (random memory errors occur occasionally in the best of memory chips). But to reduce the price of memory and the telephone calls from users, they removed the "Parity" check. ECC memory uses 11 bits per byte and is able to fix any 1 bit error or detect any 2 bit error. Of course, you pay more per memory stick, but if you are not returning the old computer and it is under warranty, make them replace your memory with ECC.

The sales person at the store probably did not know anything about this.

You usually see the bad RAM problems with unpacking archives, because the archives use a hash function (usually MD5) to check the results. Most work on your computer does not.

Even most memory checks do things wrong. Each section of memory should be written to, and then some parts of memory exercised for a while. The memory should be checked for changes after at least 5 minutes. Then, that section of memory should be exercised and changed to a different value and checked again 5 minutes later. Usually it takes at least 4 passes (hex A55A, count) (count, hex A55A), (hex 5AA5, count), (count, hex 5AA5). count is the location within a 64KB memory block the first two times through and the number of the memory block the last two times through.

Of course, back in the stone age when I first started working on computers, they used to frequently crash due to memory errors. Memory used to cost around $0.02 per bit (1 GB would have cost over 170 million dollars).
Old 17.06.2010, 12:54
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Of course, back in the stone age when I first started working on computers, they used to frequently crash due to memory errors. Memory used to cost around $0.02 per bit (1 GB would have cost over 170 million dollars).
You probably meant back in the iron age, because ferrite was used for core memory. I don't know how Fred Flintstone's computer memory would look like.

Disclaimer : This post is off-topic; you can remove it when you want to waste your time.
Old 17.06.2010, 13:48
Ilieff

Quote:
Lied or did not know at this...

Of course PC can boot even with some kinds of RAM errors.
Moreover, most of problems with bad RAM, which I was seen for years, was related to unpacking archives.

So, if You are covered by active/current warranty for this PC, You should reclaim it from Your seller or, maybe, go to court...

Yeah!!!, I knew it!... I had to go 3 times to the store and tell them "The pc starts, but the memory keeps having errors"... 3 F***ING TIMES!... With the money of the cab and the 50$ they charged me I could bought a new RAM I think.
Hating those dudes so much right now.

Warranty expired like 2 years ago. (N). Thats the price I have to pay for buying cheap hardware and not knowing back then what a RAM was

Quote:
drbits
You are like a Random Access Memory god to me now.

Definitely they didn't know that. "I" have to told them what an CRC error was... I was expecting THEY tell me.

ECC technology wasn't very welcome in my country I guess. It's all very expensive already, even without ECC

Thanks for your wisdom to all of you.
Old 02.09.2011, 03:37
zlatan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilieff View Post
Hi... In the last 3 days I had several crc errors. I looked up for info and try to fix it ( Uninstall nod32 anti virus, allow java and javaw in the windows firewall, uninstall JDownloader and java, check cables). That started to happen with no reason at all. I haven't changed any configuration on windows, the anti virus or firewall.

The weird thing is that when I tried to unrar the files I have downloaded, winrar told me that files 1,4,9, 11 and 15 had crc errors... I re downloaded those files, and winrar told me that files 1, 2, 5, 12 and 15 had errors... I re downloaded those "new" corrupted files, and winrar told me that other files had errors, and so on... I don't know why the files that were ok, randomly got crc errors...

(While JD and Java where not installed, I could unrar the files with no error message, but of course, the program didn't installed ok)

And then, after reinstalling java and JD, JD doesn't check for crc errors anymore (The option for checking crc erros is checked), so now I don't know which files are ok when they finish downloading and cant make a log...

so... I think thats all... for now...
For settling out such troubles exist **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** It works under all system requirements, uses effective algorithms for restoring archive information, views final result of working with .rar files.