JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.06.2011, 11:24
GuitarMantra

Default All download links queued in download list lost after Java update

All download links queued in download list in Jdownloader lost after Java update today. This is very worst bug in JD.
Jdownloader is best downloader if this bug is not in existence.

Plz some one help me get my download list back. IS it possible.
I haven't created backup.
Does it stores backup automatically?
help me

Last edited by GuitarMantra; 22.06.2011 at 15:33.
Old 22.06.2011, 11:51
remi

Cool

Please, remove your current JRE 1.6 update 26 and go back to a previous version of the JRE. Update 21 is a good one. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.
Old 22.06.2011, 12:49
GuitarMantra

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Please, remove your current JRE 1.6 update 26 and go back to a previous version of the JRE. Update 21 is a good one. See "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**.
this is not a good idea. Sooner or later i will have to update to latest Java. other wise it will keep on notifying to install latest version time to time.

Another thing you haven't mention whether rolling back java update or installation of old version back up my lost links or not

plus Java 1.6 update 26 is also Java just like 1.6 update 21. and its from Java.

Last edited by GuitarMantra; 22.06.2011 at 12:51.
Old 22.06.2011, 12:58
remi

Cool

You can use update 26 if you've made a linklist backup of your non-downloaded links before the migration to update 26. You then need to open that backup container to continue downloading your links.

You'll only lose your settings.

If you had incomplete links then you'll lose the resume information as well. You better complete all your links before you use update 26.
Old 22.06.2011, 13:05
Freeloader

You should read announcements on the main boards > and this wasnt caused by JD it self.

http://board.jdownloader.org/announcement.php?f=13

The announcement was made a while ago just after java 26 was out. Some users said that rolling back to previous versions of java brought the list back, havent tested it myself. I use Java 7

Last edited by Freeloader; 22.06.2011 at 13:08.
Old 22.06.2011, 16:14
GuitarMantra

Not solved yet. But found out 1 more new issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
You can use update 26 if you've made a linklist backup of your non-downloaded links before the migration to update 26. You then need to open that backup container to continue downloading your links.

You'll only lose your settings.

If you had incomplete links then you'll lose the resume information as well. You better complete all your links before you use update 26.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
You should read announcements on the main boards > and this wasnt caused by JD it self.

http://board.jdownloader.org/announcement.php?f=13

The announcement was made a while ago just after java 26 was out. Some users said that rolling back to previous versions of java brought the list back, havent tested it myself. I use Java 7
@ remi,@Freeloader Current Jdownloader is still not ready for JRE 1.6 update 26. I have gone through the process now but

there is a weird problem when using JD with new JRE update 26.
That is everytime you exit and restart JD, the download list are lost. I have tried it with new download links. and noticed this big Issue.

I think JDownloader needs new version update with support for JRE update 26. Till then we need to either Sacrifice JRE UPDATE 26 OR jDOWNLOADER

Last edited by GuitarMantra; 22.06.2011 at 16:33.
Old 22.06.2011, 20:00
GuitarMantra

First issue solved after installing both Fresh Jdownloader and JRE 1.6 update [24 previous version]

I got my old links back too.

But the second issue is still exist
that is Jdownloader can't be used with JRE update 26. If you use it everytime you exit and restart JD. your files list no matter you added just now or after. they will disappear.

plz merge with my previous post. I posted in hurry . I can't delate it. MOds plz merge it with post above.
Old 23.06.2011, 09:28
remi

Thanks for testing update 26.

Is it possible to provide a detailed log of your problems with update 26? This might help the programmers to adapt jD.
Old 17.10.2011, 16:40
merlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMantra View Post
First issue solved after installing both Fresh Jdownloader and JRE 1.6 update [24 previous version]

I got my old links back too.

But the second issue is still exist
that is Jdownloader can't be used with JRE update 26. If you use it everytime you exit and restart JD. your files list no matter you added just now or after. they will disappear.

plz merge with my previous post. I posted in hurry . I can't delate it. MOds plz merge it with post above.
I need some pointers on this please. Unfortunately due to new work commitments I don't have any free time; to scour the forum/search engine to find more information and/or to attempt to remember and locate previous links.

Hope that someone can be kind enough to point me in the right direction how to rollback JRE / JD to get back my linklist.

Thanks
Old 18.10.2011, 10:01
remi

Some pointers can be found in posts #2, 4 and 5.

I hope one day you'll be free again. I can then give more pointers to interesting stuff you can read as well.