View Single Post
Old 12.05.2022, 00:26
Linkgrabbing Monster

Thank you for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@academyoffetishes:

it depends on the rule type (eg DEEPDECRYPT) on which fields are used for this rule. There are not different type of objects/jsons for different types of rules and thus you can set any field you want but only those used by that specific type of rule will actually get used.
Okay, so what I think that example is, is just showing off the structure, but the example wouldn't really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
pattern(URL) specifies the pattern on which the rule matches on, rewriteReplaceWith references to pattern(URL), all other pattern match on HTML, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Okay that's really useful to know. Is that said anywhere in the documentation, because it's news to me. I don't know if you have any interest in updating the documentation, but I do notice a lot of people asking questions about link crawler rules. If you would have any interest, I could give some suggestions on some edits that I think would reduce forum questions. For example, I think multiple examples for each rule would help me a lot.

Regardless, thank you!