View Single Post
Old 05.07.2021, 19:37
Modem User

Hi,

Thank for your reply but i think it will be a waste of time because my backup files are fine, they work perfectly on their original install folder but not when i copy them to a new install.
I think that it has to do with the user name of the folder not being the same on the 2 SSD and somehow, backup files only works with installation of the app with an identical folder name structure.
Or maybe it is because my old SSD was partitionned as MBR and the new one is GPT ?
I have tried something else, i have used an old backup file from 2019 which does not contains as much links as the last backup files but it loaded (in linkcollector only, downloadList did not work at all) and Jdownloader asked me if i want to import the links and i said yes and it loaded only half of them, accounts logins were loaded too when i copied the rest of the files on cfg folder...
Maybe my backup files contains too many links for the new install to recognize them and maybe there are some options to change for forcing Jdownloader2 to accept the backups ?
I think i've read somewhere on the forum that you have to modify the Jdownloader2.vmoptions file to accept bigger links size or to allow Jdownloader2 to use more memory ?
I have 32GB of ram but i don't think that's the problem.
Jdownloader2 works like a portable app, you can put it wherever you want and it works, it is not supposed to be linked to the system your first installed it on, right ?

Another question :
Why everytime i put a backup file (not the zipped one) on the cfg folder of my new install and then launch, Jdownloader not only ignore my backup but it create linkcollector and downloadlist files even when there is no links added and i've tried renaming the backups but the app ignore those files...