View Single Post
Old 10.08.2018, 06:49
Giga Loader

Default Updates + Password Protect = Help me

Hi,

This is the second or third time this has happened. Few weeks back, I had discovered and began using the password protect feature for when the GUI is minimised to the tray icon. Updates were working fine. Then one update came, installed and then jDownloader refused to start. Nothing worked, even if I pasted an older cfg folder back.

I reinstalled jD, then today once again the same thing happened. In addition, before the update that broke it, for some reason I could not get rid of the bubble notification for updates. Even with it off, it would still present a bubble notification for when an update is available.

And lastly, for some reason, the installation folder is called "JDownloader 2.0", then after the update it was called "JDownloader v2.0" and then after reinstallation it installed in "JDownloader 2.0" as originally. This is incredibly confusing and frustrating. What's even worse is that JD doesn't seem to be making any automatic backups or retaining the older files pre-update in case an update fails. I just can't launch it anymore after updates and I'm not sure if it has to do with the password protection or not, though it certainly only happens with it on. I tried to remove the json file that has the GUI settings, thinking it would reset the password protect settings, but it still made no difference.