View Single Post
Old 13.08.2018, 11:56
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The Bubble Notification is something different. It's a notification *popup* that will inform you about pending/available update. Similiar to blinking/flashing update button. You can disable the blinking in Settings-Advanced Settings-GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.updatebuttonflashingenabled

The dialog you're looking for is
Settings-Advanced Settings-
UpdateSettings.doaskbeforedownloadinganupdate
UpdateSettings.doaskmebeforeinstallinganupdateenabled

mgpai (user from here) contacted me and showed me via teamviewer how to reproduce the issue and then I was able to reproduce it myself and finally fix it
Yeah, the flashing icon is what I want to retain and keep enabled. So my expected (and what I used to have) behaviour is:

- JD checks for update automatically.
- Once it finds it, the icon flashes (but no dialogue pops up telling me there's an update available). Only a tray notification comes up saying there's an update available along with the flashing icon.

Right now, instead, the dialogue pops up telling me there's an update (in addition to the flashing). I've tried changing all the related values and options, but for some reason it hasn't made any difference. In the meantime, has the new update been pushed? It says I'm at latest version but no update took place since I started the thread.

--

What seemed to be the reliable trigger to reproduce it? If I were to try to reproduce it, I'd just enable the password then wait and see because sometimes it would be fine and then a certain update would break it.