View Single Post
Old 07.04.2016, 13:46
Giga Loader

Thank you very much for your replies. I think my calling the pop-up window a bubble notification was a misnomer and I should have called it a dialog window. So also thanks for clarifying that.

To answer your questions:

1. Where I click. I do a left mouse click in the status field of a download link. I have noticed now that if I do a right mouse click there that I don't get the Premium Ad dialog screen. Also if I do a left or right click in any other field I also don't get the dialog screen. So it only happens when I do a left click in the status field of a link for which the host is blocking my IP address.

2. About CCleaner. I haven't run CCleaner now for several days. In the meantime I've closed and opened JD2 several times. I got prompted for these hosts before closing JD2 and then again after reopening it. So even after this procedure of closing and reopening several times I still get the Premium Ad dialog screen whenever the host blocks my IP address and I do a left click in the status field of that host's download link. So I think that would rule out any interference by CCleaner, if in the meantime JD2 would recreate the ejs files that are supposed to have gotten lost as a result of CCleaner's activity. So that may leave open the possibility that there is some kind of communication problem between JD2 and the ejs files.

3. I have made a screenshot for the event that Rapidgator is blocking my IP address and I do a left click in the status field of that host's download link. That should clear up which dialog screen is popping up. This same screen pops up if any of the other hosts blocks my IP address and I do a left click in the status field.

4. As a last remark: there is no ejs file for the spaceforfiles host in my cfg folder. How can JD2 remember my response to the Premium Ad dialog screen for this host if there is no ejs file to store this response?

As to the sizes of the ejs files for the IP address blocking hosts, I have noticed that they are much larger than those for the hosts that I have never downloaded from.

- Rapigator: 256 bytes.
- Keep2share: 240 bytes.

The ejs files for most other hosts (that I have never made downloads from) are only 16 bytes, so these are much smaller and I guess that they contain only default values. The much larger sizes of the rapidgator and the keep2share ejs files seem to indicate that they contain a lot of historical logging, which would mean that they probably have never been lost, and certainly not recently.
Attached Thumbnails
JD2_Premium_Ad.jpg  

Last edited by rockwater; 07.04.2016 at 14:06.