Thread: [Solved] reCaptcha [International]
View Single Post
Old 03.09.2010, 11:23
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
"reCaptcha has been cracked, but the algorithms have not yet been implemented by jD's Team."
i am very certain we will not try to port the algo, because
1.) recognition rate is too low
2.) if the word is missing in db it fails
3.) google just needs to change something (and im sure they are working on that right now) and then all the port work is useless.
we will think about adding support once a very good algo is found that also is able to adapt to google changes.
1) my recognition rate of some of the other captcha systems is also very low (often lower than Houck's algorithms), but after many tries I mostly get a captcha that is easier to read. I've had reCaptchas with Greek and even Chinese characters. Although I can read the Greek characters, I don't know how to type them on my keyboard. The Chinese characters are completely unreadable by 5 billion people on this planet. They prove my theory that Gogol are just making dumb idiots of us. We should protest and boycott this devilish corporate monster!

2) I can understand that it would be technically too difficult for the jD Team to implement Houck's solution. Also hiring Houck to explain and integrate his algorithms in jD might be too expensive. If jD doesn't implement them decaptcher.com, deathbycaptcha.com and many others will implement them. That means we (and not only the visually impaired and blind people who are discriminated) might have to pay for these services. Based on what I read from jD's Team members I predict this scenario will happen and these anticaptcha businesses will boom and will see their profits raise the more Gogol can raise its annoyance threshold. Again a proof of my theory about Gogol that I won't repeat here.

3) I read in one article that Houck's algorithms were immune to those changes, because he went himself through several changes/generations himself. I think he'll make them always more intelligent as a reaction to Gogol's additions of complications to a point that only computers will be able to recognise them.

30 years ago nobody believed that chess computers would ever reign over chess. Chess for centuries was the example par excellence of superior intelligence, tactical and strategic thinking, planning and game pattern recognition. Weather forecasting, rocket launching, and thousands of other domains of human knowledge/intelligence have been taken over by computers. We're just staring at these exploits in disbelieve. But computers have just made their first baby steps, as nano, quantum, self-learning, self-adaptation and other new computing techniques will mean giant leaps for computer intelligence.

Now, the same has happened to reading, but some people still don't want to believe it, because they still believe humans are superior or must be obedient slaves of the monopolistic Gogol tyranny. Reality tells us that the last illusion man had, i.e., superior intelligence, has evaporated.