View Single Post
Old 29.12.2009, 15:40
zazouland

I have tried before with AVG Free v9 and it didn't work. A bit better in v.8.5 which I reverted to. Javaw.exe and java.exe were already in the Windows firewall exclude list.

I'm still getting very patchy functioning in latest JD using premium RS account; it works at full speed for a few 200MB files and then downloads trickle down to a very slow mode. Max con. & Max. Dls. both set to 3. Used to be 8 a few months back and worked like a charm.

ADDED: I'm running JD -xmas- v0.9.579 (fully reinstalled) with the latest java under Win XP SP3 (recently fully repaired) on a Q6600 with 4GB RAM. I am saving files to a D-Link DNS-323 NAS with 2x1.5TB drives in RAID 1 on a gigabit network with jumbo frames set to 9000. System freshly scanned for viruses and rootkits. Used to work fine before...

ADDED 2: Now I get a few minutes of full speed transfer (1MB/s) and then it's down to approx. 300kB/s for an hour or more. During that time JD GUI is very slow or does not respond at all. Then, suddenly, after a while, it returns to life.

ADDED 3: I *forced download* for a dozen 200MB files and had the most stable throughput (about 900kB/s total) for a solid 20 minutes and then it slowed down to about 150 kB/s where it has been for the last 15minutes or so. My system load was low and constant during that time and disks were not accessed except for JD. What could be causing this?

ADDED 4: I did a test: I killed explorer.exe in taskman. When it restarted I was back to 900kB/s in JD. Hope this helps.

ADDED 5: Well it didn't. This time when I restarted explorer.exe I stayed at the 200 kB/s level.

Looking for a solution...

Last edited by zazouland; 29.12.2009 at 19:18. Reason: Explorer.exe not the reason