View Single Post
Old 24.12.2013, 18:13
Giga Loader

Hi PSP,

I mean that I have specified in

Settings > Plugins & Addons > Extensions > JD Unrar > Extract to

a destination folder that is different from the folder where the archive was saved and then to delete the original rar file after succesful extraction. This is essentially a (mediated) move operation, and it is the main reason why I want JD to autoextract the archive. The free space on the (internal) drive where the archive is saved is much smaller than the free space on the (external) drive where the decompressed files will eventually be stored. By automatically deleting the archive immediately after succesful decompression the receiving drive won't suffer from eventually running out of free space.

I don't want to use the large external drive for the downloading operation, as this will probably create too much heat inside the drive, which is the foremost reason why HDD's will eventually crash. My internal HDD has a better, active, cooling system, so that it will probably suffer less from such heat production. Because an extraction operation will take far less time than a download operation, the heat production in the external drive will be much reduced if compared to using that drive for a download operation, which will make constant use of the drive.

Greetings, rockwater