Thread: [User feedback required] [9xbud] NinjaStream error
View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 10:18
Junior Loader

I really don't know how to explain this any simpler.

When I come across a web page that has an embedded video in it, and there is no download link to the video, there are still ways to download those videos depending on the platform they are hosted on. For youtube for example, you can use youtubedl by pasting the youtube page url (which is not a direct url to the video it self, it's just the url of the page containing the video) and what youtubedl does is scrap that page for the video url itself (along with all available resolutions for it) and download the selected video file.

This is also similar to what HLS (which is a browser plugin) does. You play the embedded video on any page and it detects the url that has the video file itself with all possible resolutions and gives you the option to download it.

9xbuddy is the same, but it's just a webpage instead of a program or a browser plugin. you give it the url of the page that contains the video and it scraps it to find the urls for the video files themselves that can be downloaded with all possible resolutions.

The problem I'm facing only happens with videos that are embedded using the ninjastream platform. None of the previous mentioned services were able to extract the proper url for the video files from ninjastream so that I can add them to JD2 and download those videos. This is not specific to a certain url or video. This happens with all webpages that have embedded videos from the ninjastream platform.

I have seen another ticket today also about ninjastream which seems to confirm that there is a problem with that specific platform. Although I'm experiencing a slightly different error, but with the same end result.

Last edited by ifelsethenend; 02.03.2021 at 10:23. Reason: clarity