View Single Post
Old 02.08.2021, 15:04
Modem User

Thank you for answering.
The issue is not that the plugin doesn't work, but it became very unconfortable (at least for me) to use:
In the old version (till June '21) the size shown in the linkgrabber was corresponding to the length of the track. So it was possible, for example to separate songs from dj-sets. Or to see if it's a long or a short track. If it was a .wav-track the real size became bigger than indicated in the linkgrabber. If I didn't want this bigger .wav-tracks, it was no problem to exclude them using filters (this could help EMSEF, for example).
In the new version files that are not 128kbs-mp3 are shown as "unknown" size; so to separate dj-sets from songs, I have now to read all names and guess if it's a song or a dj-set (what is not always possible). Also it's impossible to see, if it's only a preview-cut or the full version. All this was possible to separate by filters before, but now I have to download them first to see the size (and the length). The linkgrabber-filters by size now only work with files which have an indicated size (128 kbs mp3).
So in the new version I have a lot of more work to separate them by reading all names of the unknown-size-tracks or to download them all for to delete all unwanted titles after. I think this is harder to resolve than the problem EMSEF had. For most users I think that it's really an advantage to see the length of the track in the file-size: for example 4MB was always like 4 minutes, 120MB like 2 hours etc. If then the size became bigger I was happy to get a better resolution than 128kbs (instead of being dissapointed, that file is bigger than shown before). Maybe EMSEF would give me right, that it's better to see the length of the track, than the real size or how it's now: nothing.

The plugin was really perfect (to use) how it was before. Thank you a lot for that good times.

If this didn't convince you to reverse this changement, I would be thankful, if you could tell me a way to get an old version (till may/june'21) of that plugin or of the complete JD (for to never make an update again;-).

(I think you understand the problem without sending example-links, but if you still want some, please let me know.)