View Single Post
Old 20.05.2020, 23:16
JD Addict

Exclamation JD checks YT channel for videos infinitely...

2 issues:

FIRST:
======================
YT channel: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

I want to find all videos that are "video" and which title contains this phrase: "grimmie".

If I choose to search directly on this YT channel, it comes out that there are a few videos there.

But if I try to use JD, it lasts forever.. over 20k links were checked and.. the link grabber is still working on it !!!

Is there a way to make it faster ?

SECOND:
======================
Such links as:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

cannot be downloaded - JD's saying: "Video unavailable".

I copied/pasted links into my browser, and indeed links are blocked in my country (now connection through Zurich anyway). But how do I know which countries are allowed for this movie ?

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**... **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

And one more thing, just a question, I have a link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... - look aat the "query" parameter - is there a possibility, that JD could download by this parameter, if found in URL, instead of doing this manually using filters ? Of course this would work in this case with YT only, but would be great. Just wondering...

My log: 20.05.20 20.13.59 <--> 20.05.20 21.59.06 jdlog://3768915302851/

THIRD issue:
======================
Something is wrong with filters... I suppose...

I have two filters. One is to filter non-video files, second is to filter titles without phrase "grimmie".

So I tried for instance this channel: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** - no video was detected.

Then tried every video - 3 videos on this channel only - with the test field, where I can test if my filtering rules really work.
So of course one video worked - this one: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
But why it didn't work with the link grabber ? It worked only with the test field, just below the whole list of filters (where is a "play" button at the very right side).

Screenshots:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

PS.Issue number 2 has been solved. While connecting through Poland, I could finally download files. So 1 and 3 left. But... Would be better if there was an information about what is going on instead of just "video unavailable", for instance: "country restrictions" or something.

Edit:
FOURTH issue:
======================
YT channel: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

35 videos... Link grabber works really weird, look at screenshots attached.

In fact, in effect, only 12 videos were downloaded (screenshots say that links are same and only mirrors are downloaded ?? wtf..).

**External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Also look at file names while link grabber is working. What is going on with this ?

LOG: 21.05.20 09.45.43 <--> 21.05.20 10.00.15 jdlog://8678915302851/

Edit:
Alright, I know what the problem with "fourth issue" is - here the link grabber is NOT somehow checking for files availability.
It looks a bit weird, what in effect it does is completely not "renamed" filenames on the link grabber list.
So if I manually update all grabbed files (for instance from YT channel), titles are renamed - properly, from YT channel, and every single file is separately downloaded (no overriden filenames).
So taht is the point. So the issue with the fourth point is that YT links titles are not really updated at start, while link grabber works...

Edit:
In the third issue I wrote about problem with filters.
As much as I can say - look at my screenshot below, what kind of filter I did use - if I add (copy) the link from a YT page - a single link - the link grabber takes EVERYTHING (not only what the grabber "wants").
While if I add a playlist - the link grabber does not take ANYTHING - so it won't get any videos at all....
How the link grabber works - as AND or as OR ?
How to change the behaviour, form OR to AND ? Because as for now I see it's acting weirdly, like there was no filter at all..

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by elvis_ef; 22.05.2020 at 11:30. Reason: Some more info, 2nd log attached, new info