Thread: [Solved] New 'file' package
View Single Post
Old 02.06.2020, 09:08
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelcum View Post
Hi Raztoki,

I think jDownloader is being a download manager narrows down the outcome pretty much, I bet 95% of the use cases is about download from the net :-)

I'm also a developer but we're talking about end user experience here.
totally agree, most of our features are for the end users. Default settings are selected from that perspective, as its the majority of the user base.

Quote:
When is this happening?
In my experience, I do have packages with offline links from time to time, and they are not cleaned up automatically, so when I start to download a package with offline links I got a warning dialog about offline links.
So, jDownloader introduces an extra dialog here (which could be avoidable if all offline link go to Offline package).
When? depends on your settings, and how you add links. For me it auto removes them when I add a package to download tab under all circumstances.

the offline dialog, should be a ask what todo (with a remember option? not sure). It indicates that within the menu editor/advanced setting

advanced settings > filter: offline
LinkgrabberSettings.autoconfirmmanagerhandleoffline
LinkgrabberSettings.defaultonaddedofflinelinksaction
LinkgrabberSettings.handleofflineonconfirmlatestselection

Quote:
That's not entirely true. If you have broken links in your package when you start the download, it will add a bunch of error flags in the status in the Download tab, so you have to check whether it's a broken link, an outdated plugin or something else.
plugin defect is different yes, its linkstatus plugin defect exception vs availablestatus.true. I did use that case as 'offline' in my previous broken plugin example.

Quote:
As a developer I can't agree with this sort of mentality, sorry.
"who cares factor" was just a easy way I'd quickly broke down some of the user groups. I'm sure those users have there reasons for doing the things they do. Maybe for the reason I gave previously.

Quote:
Yes, but the broken links still in the queue, they're just not visible. If somebody keeps the setting unchecking, jDownloader can populate a massive set of offline links in many packages, which is most likely an undesired side effect.
sure, but thats the entire scope of the feature. One wouldn't use that feature unless they wanted that behaviour.

Yes I didn't include all the ways to cleanup, for example there are other ways to cleanup offline links on mass: like single click bottom bar button/right click context. .

Quote:
This was very helpful, thanks!
Took me a minute to figure out but it definitely helps.
This should be the default settings, IMHO.

Cheers,
M
Most welcome =]

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]