Thread: [User feedback required] How to use vimeo.com plugin with referer
View Single Post
Old 24.02.2021, 02:30
Junior Loader

Unhappy

Well, situation is not that simply.

Because links are masked (actually - really don't know why), and I don't won't to violate some rules making them tricky visible, but also wanting to make it more understandable for the broader publishion, I'll explain it one more time more clearly, I believe.

There is link no. 1: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
It has a button that allows to play the play (pun intended).
It follows (regular href) to link no. 2: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
But when clicked the button, this no. 2 link does not open in a new tab/window, neither in the same tab/window.
It opens in some kind of "inner window" (blur transparent outer and a stream in the center).
I believe it's some frame (iframe?) or sth, in which the link no. 2 is being opend (I'm almost sure it has sth to do with colorbox.js - but I may be wrong).

Link no. 2 opened in new tab shows and does nothing, but has a source code:

Code:
<iframe id="video-player" src="" allow="accelerometer; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" title="Teatr Współczesny - online" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe>
<script src="/static/js/dayjs.min.js"></script>
<script src="/static/js/dayjs.utc.js"></script>
<script>dayjs.extend(window.dayjs_plugin_utc)</script>
<script>
  $(function()
  {
        $("#video-player").attr('src', '**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Magenta">[**VIMEO link no. 3**]?badge=0');
            $.colorbox.close();
    setTimeout(function()
    {
      window.location.reload(); 
    }, 1915);
      });
</script>
As you see, there are .js refering to time (undelined; will get to this later), this colorbox (bold) and regular vimeo link no. 3 (coloured): **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

So - in my opinion link no. 1 opens a frame 'inside this colorbox' within link no. 2 which calls vimeo stream with a referer.

This link no. 1 button now is disabled. When enabled, link no. 2's source had some function refereing to those time .jss which allowed it to be played durind some 2 hours; if outside those hours - this colorbox.close was evoked.

But link no. 3 is still valid: as the stream still is at the vimeo server. When put into fresh tab, shows:
"Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here." Fine, it means it needs a referer.

In JD the deep crawl didn't find the stream - while vimeo was being called by the other page (link no. 2).
When put this link no. 3 it found a stream, but asked for a password (I've read that's a referer indeed)
- the problem is I was trying to put as a passowrd both links no. 1 or no. 2 - not succeeding.
Later on I found, it shall be base64 coded?

Well...the stream is still available on vimeo server - if you have any idea, I'd appreciate.