View Single Post
Old 27.05.2022, 19:49
Super Loader

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I could add optional *at top* setting for download list. Similar to Settings->Advanced Settings->GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.linkgrabberbottombarposition
Thank you for the responsive suggestion.
No offence, Jiaz but that's a Tech-head developer solution not a user-oriented solution. [And that is NOT an insult, Jiaz...]

I'd just put a simple 'search' button at top right, simply labelled ['SEARCH FOR filename' not 'Filter by'] and let tech-head users have the setting to move or remove it if THEY really want to go to the trouble.

In my experience, one designs the default interface elements and behaviour for new/inexperienced/average users and THEN permits the mad tech-heads to fiddle/change things to suit their preferences, not the other way around.

I'd also make it a letter by letter progressive search so that as the filename is typed in the cursor jumps to f then fi then file etc. [for 'filename'].
OTOH/better idea, you may instead wish to handle partial searches such as allowing 'MARIA' to find '1234 SUNDAY FUN WITH MARIA.MP4' and similar because I don't think anyone wants to type the full thing even if they know it, remember it and can input it accurately from memory - which is not most people in my humble experience.
[And, Yeah, I know that's a filter but calling it that is not a great idea when most personal computer users are looking for 'Search' or 'Find'... like the one that's at the top of their browser and in most all of their Apps... they'll expect/hope that it behaves that way, too.]

Anyway, that's MY 2c worth, FWIW...
More responses soon... [Sorry, 2:45AM here ATM.]
:biggrin:

Last edited by VADAR; 27.05.2022 at 19:58. Reason: Dumbness.