View Single Post
Old 20.06.2019, 07:29
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
yes this is a workaround solution..
though I wonder why jdownloader does this?

since for many who disabled the clipboard temporary
they expected the behavior would be to ignore what was copied while it was disabled.
Not immediately load what was copied, since that would defeat the purpose of why someone would need to temporary disable the clipboard monitor.
why? it has always done this far as I can recall even prior to 0.9.581
I've always just copied some random text (not a link) if you don't want to trigger.

I guess thats why Jiaz or Coalado created the newer clipboard monitoring settings. When developing I know when he changed the default behaviour it was annoying for testing purposes as I would always toggle the clipboard button in order to quickly re-add the link for debugging.

I totally agree, if the user disabled monitoring for a reason, but how do you know exactly that the content that the user didn't want scanned is still on the clipboard and not new content? o_O. I personally some times forget that I disabled it and then goto add newly copied content, and notice clipboard hasn't picked it up. So re-enabled and under your example it would ignore it. So you can see under different circumstances you can't find a perfect default behaviour.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]