View Single Post
Old 04.01.2021, 10:24
Wind Gust

I want Copy Only URL as Ctrl+C because that's something I end up using sometimes often.

I don't have any need for the original Copy Information to have a keyboard shortcut because I'd use it very infrequently. But it is useful occasionally so I don't want to delete it.

Okay, so the simple thing in this situation would be to just remove the keyboard shortcut from the original Copy Information. But you can't for some reason.

What do I set the shortcut to then? Keeping it Ctrl+C would interfere with the new Copy Only URL, and I'm not even sure which would get activated when pressing Ctrl+C.

On the other hand, I don't know what the other keyboard combos are for other menu actions. I don't want to set it to something already used. But JD2 doesn't inform you if a keyboard shortcut is already used by another action.

So I have no way of knowing if what I set it to will end up interfering with something else because that keyboard combo already is used by something else too.

Really, I find it very strange that you can't just have no keyboard shortcut for a menu item. In other programs where you can rearrange menu items and change keyboard shortcuts, I don't think I've ever seen another one where it's impossible to have no keyboard shortcut assigned.

Last edited by plip; 04.01.2021 at 10:27.