View Single Post
Old 11.07.2010, 13:06
JD English Support (inactive)

JD,
We have two issues. The first is solved: we have already added bugtracker tickets to help with this problem in the future.

For now, when you copy more than a few links at a time, paste your information into a text file. If there is a problem, you can then do a copy on the text (ask remi for any details). If you are copying a DLC or CNL, save the page address in the text file.

Don't try to add more than a few assemblies at a time (the files that LinkGrabber puts together into a package). Then, you won't have to stop LinkGrabber. I have been known to add a few hundred links at a time by copying a web page, but I know that any problem will eat that page and possibly several more (since I am adding page by page, I can just add again).

As Jiaz says, if a problem occurs, wait for LinkGrabber to finish with the links you have added, fix your problem, and ask LinkGrabber to reprocess the links. It even takes them out of the Offline package.

So, while we wait for future improvements (probably next year, because there are several high priority improvements to fix first), you can work within the current Stable or Nightly release.

The future improvements that are already in bug tickets include a pause button to pause all processing (rather than the current button that just slows processing and should be a yellow triangle that says Slow. They also include a text file based container system that does not encrypt links that are not already encrypted. They also include fixing the format problems in Comment and a setting to copy the entire clipboard text contents and "shortcut" contents to the Comment field. The fifth is to distinguish between Links that are Deleted and Links that are not accessible. Adding the date and time that processing actually began. The time that LinkGrabber began processing a link is already available.

Last edited by drbits; 11.07.2010 at 13:16.