Thread: [Solved] Linkcrawler rewrite rule.
View Single Post
Old 16.09.2021, 18:47
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilMilano View Post
Hmm, I believe the symbols as in "?,$,\,|...etc" (the ones that would mostly be used) would need to explained as what they do in the code mainly in layman's terms. With provided examples. It would make it easier for anyone to make the code themselves.
No the main article does explain that Regular Expression knowledge is required and in which fields regular expressions are used.
It also links a RegEx help/learn page (regex101.com).
Sure we could backlink to the main article from every given example but that would mess the articles up if you ask me.
And also yes, we could write our own tutorial about regular expressions but why should we?
Regular expressions have a basic syntax and the Internet is full of good tutorials so I don't see the need to reinvent the wheel here.

Quote:
And most guides doesn't make sense without a basic understanding of JS.
I strongly disagree.
You do not have to be a developer to understand Regular expressions but it is certainly helpful.

Quote:
So I think it is better to provide a detailed guide with few examples to make sure the user understands the basics.
Which other examples would you like to have?
Our given examples are more about the LinkCrawler Rules functionality than learning RegEx but as said this would really blow up the article.
... but maybe linking some good articles to learn RegEx would be an idea?
From what I understood you said it was hard to find good tutorials?

Quote:
And thank you very much for the help!
Thanks for your feedback and please do not misunderstand this reply:
Feedback is important and my post is not supposed to just block it I just don't think that it's worth the effort making custom RegEx tutorials.
After all you will find a lot of other LinkCrawle Rules examples in this support forum.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?