Thread: [Script request] Huawei HG8245H
View Single Post
Old 29.04.2020, 03:48
Modem User

I know this is quite late but I have the same router and this is the only method I got it to reconnect.So hope this helps someone.

To get it working you have to use a external tool called "Telnet Scripting Tool" (Google it!) to automate telnet access to your router. Batch script won't work because you cannot access telnet window through scripts.

So download the tool and unzip it.Go to the unzipped folder where TST10.exe is and create a text file called "script.txt" with the following :

WAIT "Login"
SEND "root\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "reset\m"

IP adress is your huawei router, "root" and "admin" is the default telnet credentials for your router and should be used as it is unless you changed it manually or by your ISP (not to be confused with the web interface's username and password which you can change by accessing 192.168.1.1 through a web browser)

and lastly in jdownloader choose "External Tool Reconnect" and for "command" select the TST10.exe and for "parameter" add this:

/r:script.txt /m

Normally takes about a ~1min to reconnect.
Optionally you can add "/o:output.txt" to log the telnet process into a text for troubleshooting. Cheers!!

Last edited by Colombus; 23.03.2021 at 04:09. Reason: improved and fixed some grammar mistakes