View Single Post
Old 09.09.2014, 09:16
English Supporter

a1)
- JD will install ffmpeg to 'JD2 install/tools/os(windows|linux|etc)/ffmpeg...'.
- ffdshow is a codec pack and not related in anyway to ffmpeg
- DASH format is exactly what the window explains it is (maybe google for further information) and the bold in quote will also indicate that without DASH, will limit your results.

a2)
- advanced setting use filter 'dash'
- no, by default it's enabled because without it you limit your availability of results
- I highly doubt that there are many or any programs will natively grab dash formats and put it back as single container without the use of program like ffmpeg or 3rd party library (eg libav = meant to be linux replacement for ffmpeg).
- icon most likely will stay the same, the title indicates version 'JDownloader 2' etc. You can actually format that also in advanced. Tray mouse over could do with version info, long the lines of title name. I believe you can change this yourself, though not entirely sure how.
- not really rofl'ing, more so think your just atypical user who is very impatient (wont try/experiment) and or doesn't deal with change well (will often revert to old version at the flip of your hat). No offence implied, we see many types of users and that's the category I fit you into so far. But at least your asking questions, more so than getting mad/abusive like some.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]