View Single Post
Old 09.12.2011, 14:56
TizzyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by francomg View Post
Hi, I am also having a problem with JD and I can't figure out a solution. I also see this blue spinning ball and JD is totally unresponsive, I can't do anyting or download at all, it's just a freezing software.
I love JD and I can't stay without it, It's a very good DL manager.

I was going to try your workaround but inside the folder aplications, I can only see the JDownloader app icon, there isn't a contents folder or anything like that to delete files from, not that I could find????
I would really appreciate some help.
I am running MAC OS 10.7.2 Lion. Java version is 1.6 I think, and I casn't find a way to downgrade this version.

Edit: Thanks so much, its working now, I coudn't find the folder contents causeI didn't know I had to right click JD application and choose show package content. I'm still learning about Mac OS, used to be a Windows user, LOL.
It seems to be working fine, I hope it stays like that. It asked to update and its working after this update, hopefully, I was afraid the update would mess up things again.

I have Parallels installed and using Windows 7 as a virtual machine, I was running JD in my virtual Windows machine and it works flawlessly, but I am happy I can use JD in Mac OS as well, I don't run Windows virtual all the time.

JD is simply the best download manager ever made by man, hope it stays like that... Keep up the good work devs.
francomg,

Apps on a mac are just folders with special formatting in their structure and an extension of .app at the end of the folder name.

If you open terminal (your friendly app found in /Applications/Utilities), do the following:

ls /Applications

You will find in that list the jdowloader application as jDownloader.app. Now, to go into the config folder (yep, it's just a folder) in the jDownloader application, type:

cd /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/config

Here, if you type ls (for list), you will see the database.properties, database.script, and version.cfg files. I always save a copy before deleting, so I would type:

mkdir old && cp *.* old && rm *.*

This command creates a directory called old, then copies the old files into the old directory, and lastly deletes the old files from their present location.

Start the app up, and your configuration will be gone.