View Single Post
Old 11.05.2021, 17:48
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
1. Those single URLs are working just fine here no matter whethe I'm adding "/reel/..." or "/p/...".
Please post a DEBUG-log if you can reproduce this issue!

2. Our crawler never had the ability to crawl any of these "sections":
You can either crawl all items of a users' account and sort them afterwards in JD (doesn't that also contain all of these "REELS"?) or grab single items/posts.
EDIT
I've tested that with your example and my result was as expected:
After having crawled ALL items of a user, these also included ALL of these "reels"!
How is a "reel" defined? Is it just a video? So the "reels" section always contains all videos of a particular user?

3. See my answer/question in 2.

4. Grabbing your own saved items/collections:
Please either add a description on how to create own collections (is that also possible without using the app, only via website?)
If not possible:
Please send us your Instagram logindata via support@jdownloader.org and also provide example URLs to existing "saved items collections".
At this moment our crawler can only grab all saved items so it not being able to pickup specified collections is again not a bug but rather a feature suggestion of yours.

-psp-
1. The "reel" and "tv" urls still do not work for me. That is ok, I suppose replacing them with "p" is not too much work xD .

2. Yes, it does seem to be, that when the account url is copied, any existing reels and IGTV are grabbed along with the regular posts. So, this also makes the individual url problem lesser of an issue.

To answer your questions, both IGTV and Reels are videos only. IGTV was implemented a while back. If I remember correctly, the primary purpose of IGTV was for users to be able to make videos of longer duration. However, at this point, I am not sure what are the current duration limit differences between "regular" video posts, and IGTV video posts. One thing that is definitely unique about IGTV, is that any video created and posted as an IGTV video, gets posted under a dedicated IGTV tab, which can be accessed on the user's main profile. Also, I believe any Lives that a user films and wants to save, automatically gets saved as an IGTV video.

Reels are basically Instagram's version and response to TikTok. Like IGTV videos, Reels also have a dedicated tab on users' profiles, and all videos uploaded as Reels will be posted under this tab. Also, both IGTV and Reels have dedicated algorithmic feeds, however at the moment, these feeds can only be accessed on the mobile version of Instagram (the app), not on the Desktop/Web version.

4. I honestly do not want to share login details. It's ok, the crawler grabbing all saved posts certainly is superior. And yes, wanting the crawler to grab particular collections is a feature request I guess. If it possible to implement, please do when you guys have the time. Do you want/need me to post the request in a dedicated feature request thread?

To answer your question, currently, new Saved Collections can only be created while using the mobile version of Instagram (the smartphone/tablet app). If you want to do it while on your desktop, there are both Firefox and Chrome browser extensions which can emulate the Instagram Mobile app, and you can create new Saved Collections in your account while working on your desktop/laptop.

Finally, to add to the existing feedback, after the latest JD update, the Instagram crawler is properly grabbing all posts/reels/IGTV from an account. Thank you for fixing this problem in a relatively short amount of time. Now that I have utilized the Packagizer to automatically add upload dates to all grabbed files, I will be scraping more accounts moving forward. So, I will keep an eye for any new bugs that occur in the future. If you don't mind saying, what was the underlying cause you guys found?