Thread: [Solved in JD2] Long, Symbol-packed URLs fail to add
View Single Post
Old 16.05.2014, 23:18
Modem User

Default Long, Symbol-packed URLs fail to add

Hi,

jDownloader latest stable version on Win7 fails to add certain long, symbol-packed links sometimes.

When trying to add these URLs with "Add URL" button or the clipboard monitor, jDownloader will not recognize an existing file and puts out an error message that shows the link being cut after the 86th character.

Example:

I tried to add this link with the c/b monitor:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Nothing happens...

This is what reached the "Add URL" dialogue:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

(missing the last characters 87+)

When manually pasting the whole link in the "Add URL" dialogue, jDownloader puts out:

JDownloader has not found anything on

-------------------------------
JD will now load this page to look for further links.

(missing the last characters, again)

Hitting continue fails to find anything.

BUT:

If you use an URL shortener, jDownloader will recognize the link as usual and will download it!

Example:

I used "goo.gl" and created:

http://goo.gl/w5zsJJ

Which is exactly the same original link as above.

---

If you ask me it's not about the length. I added hundreds of links longer than this one and it worked. Maybe it's the combination of symbols/characters that causes problems!?

Hope you guys can recreate and fix this problem.
The link should be available, but i guess it's protected (premium area of live.deadmau5.com)

Greets
Bugpolice

Last edited by raztoki; 17.05.2014 at 06:04. Reason: removed code bbcode, obstruction is required.