Thread: [User feedback required] Import URL from file
View Single Post
Old 25.02.2020, 00:28
Modem User

Quote:
... so you want to crawljob to repeatedly add thse gallery URLs as the content behind them changes?
The existing galleries are static. The moderator adds a new gallery when posting new content (currently galleries \Gallery_01\index.htm through Gallery_654\index.htm).

The only difference between each gallery is the number of the gallery - the rest of every URL is the same.
At first, I hoped I could use a for/do loop and insert the number into the URL string where the number is.
Or use some kind of 'wildcard' in the URL string in place of the numeric section. But, "*" is not a valid DNS character.

IRL URL (I think this will get edited down to "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**"):
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

EDITED:
On a side note: If my linkfile.crawljob is in the K:\ drive, it will "magically" disappear after about 10 seconds
I assume the the Folder Watch parameter ["K:\"] is working. I would guess that the expected behaviour is that the LinkGrabber finds the linkfile.crawljob file, parses it, and then deletes it to avoid a loop and re-downloading the same files over and over.
Except, in my case, LinkGrabber doesn't like the format of the file, but deletes it anyway.

Last edited by ticedoff8; 25.02.2020 at 00:43.