View Single Post
Old 22.04.2018, 09:56
Black Hole

It's just not a high priority feature. Limited time + higher priority tickets, this is evidently a "nice to have", not a "gotta have it".

I feel your pain- I was a professional Software QA engineer for 15 years. Nothing more frustrating to a QA engineer or a customer to have what you think is a hot-item feature request ignored by Development. I can't tell you haw many of my "great idea" tickets ended up in the "Future Release" bin, never to be seen again. Tickets coming from high-profile customers, or ones dreamed up by Project Management always took priority.

I'd like to see it too (for other reasons, which could be solved by OTHER zero-progress feature requests) but I just have to work around it. My workaround it pretty drastic- I highlight all the links I want to "move" back to linkgrabber, select Show URLs, copy them (sometimes one at a time), paste them into a txt file, delete the links from the Download pane, then go to linkgrabber and re-add them. Why do I do this? So I can add mirrors to links that already exist but aren't in nearby packages. Because I can't move links from one package to another when I have filters set. And even if I find the link using a filter, I can't switch back to unfiltered since clearing the filter causes the link list to return to the top. Both of those issues have zero-percent feature request tickets that are years old.

But that's my convoluted use case, because I'm always finding mirrors days after adding links, but to force mirroring that means the links have to be in one package.