Thread: [In progress] No permission to write to disk error
View Single Post
Old 31.08.2009, 20:35
rkaye

Add me to the list, I'm getting the same message.

It is definitely not filespace, I have the better part of 1tb free. furthermore, if i have the Max Dls. set >1, one file will get stuck, and the others will merrily continue writing to disk.

It is definitely not the anti-virus (i've had my anti-virus stop a 'write to disk' before, and it's always at 99% -- this problem occurs well before 99%, and besides, there is no log entry in my anti-virus about stopping anything at that time).

It is definitely not the firewall, since I don't run one.

It could be a timeout/ISP error -- although if that is the case, I would think that JD would be able to resume -- it can not... Pressing 'stop' fills the "stopping current downloads" bar and it sits there full - it never completes the stop command. as such, if we click File, Restart, JD restarts, but when we restart these files are unable to continue where they left off. they need to be right-click reset (delete the partial download), then right-click resume. (so they will start again from the beginning) -- Resetting and resuming fixes the problem and they seem to download fine after doing this.

What does JD code do when presented with a timeout/ISP connection issue? What does JD code do when asked to 'stop all running downloads' and is unable to?

Can we change JD behavior so that it an ISP timeout does not hang current downloads? Is it possible to keep the partial file up to the last successful chunk so that a reset will resume the download? Can we put a timer in the 'stop all current downloads' so that if it exceeds a set amount of time (?30seconds?) that it will kill the stop process? If the stop process times out, it'd be nice if JD would keep the partial files instead of marking them as corrupt.