View Single Post
Old 24.01.2020, 23:43
DSL User

Location: United States, Earth, Milky Way, Local Galaxy Supercluster
Angry [Not a bug!] PLEASE give normal users access to attachments!

I didn't see a general discussion subforum, so I had to post in International Support (we really need a Forum Support subforum for things like this). I'm trying to view the screenshot posted in this thread, but I keep getting this:

Code:
Stargate38, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Same goes with attachments on other threads. Could you please give normal users access to attachments? I know of no other website that denies normal users access to each other's attachments, and there's absolutely no reason to do so. If anything, do it on a case-by-case basis, depending on the contents of the attachment. That way, attachments that have personal/private info will only be accessible by the staff, and those that don't will be accessible by everyone else.