View Single Post
Old 31.08.2016, 18:56
Ultra Loader

Default Greyed-out Add New Links dialog

When doing only the occasional download I leave the Clipboard Observer switched off, then in "manual mode" use the Add New Links button to open up the Analyse and Add Links dialog.

If there's something iin the Clipboard, the download URL(s) automatically appear inside the text area of the Analyse and Add Links dialog. If there's nothing in the Clipboard, the Analyse and Add Links text area remains blank until you paste download URL(s) into it.

Or at least, that's what used to happen previously (for years) on my system -- Win 10 Pro, and JDownloader with all the very latest updates -- until behaviour changed recently. Unsure precisely how long, but perhaps a week or two ago.

Now I'm finding that I cannot paste into an empty text area, and also that the Continue button is greyed out (deactivated) so that link analysis cannot be commenced.

The LinkGrabber now works only if the Clipboard Observer is active (which naturally means that it picks up Clipboard contents from all sorts of general system activities that have nothing to do with file downloading, which is undesirable).

I'm scratching my head to understand what might have changed, either in JD or elsewhere in the system, that in manual mode now cause the When doing only the occasional download I leave the Clipboard Observer switched off, then in "manual mode" use the Add New Links button to open up the Analyse and Add Links dialog.

If there's something iin the Clipboard, the download URL(s) automatically appear inside the text area of the Analyse and Add Links dialog. If there's nothing in the Clipboard, the Analyse and Add Links text area remains blank until you paste download URL(s) into it.

Or at least, that's what used to happen previously (for years) on my system -- Win 10 Pro, and JDownloader with all the very latest updates -- until behaviour changed recently. Unsure precisely how long, but perhaps a week or two ago.

Now I'm finding that I cannot paste into an empty text area, and also that the Continue button is greyed out (deactivated) so that link analysis cannot be commenced.

It's a considerable inconvenience for me, but at least the LinkGrabber works if the Clipboard Observer is active. However this automatic LinkGrabber mode naturally means that JD picks up Clipboard contents from all sorts of general system activities that have nothing to do with file downloading, which is a bit annoying.

I'm scratching my head to understand what might have changed, either in JD or elsewhere in the system, that cause the Analyse and Add Links dialog to be deactived (greyed out). Might it be a problem with recent JD updates, or might it be a Windows problem (permissions, or whatever)? I'm stumped, any ideas would be appreciated.