Thread: [Solved] GUI customization not saved
View Single Post
Old 19.02.2019, 19:57
Junior Loader

That worked. Thanks.

I installed JD2 in Program Files because that's where JD was when JD2 came out. I'm admin on this system so why this problem just cropped up now is a bit bewildering; I'm guessing that a permission on one of the files got changed with the update. Unlike the old days, Admin no longer gives you unrestricted access to files (without a lot of extra work).

Although I saved a copy of cfg just in case, I decided to just delete everything and start fresh. Just FYI, after the JD2 uninstall, there were still about 3300 files in the JD2 folder (which I just deleted).

One thing didn't change though, and that is the problem of the first right-click/copy of a link not going all the way through to the LinkGrabber. This is only the first click after a system restart/logon, after the first it works fine. If I bring up the Add New Links dialog box the newly-clicked link is shown, but until/unless I click Continue, the link does not display in the LinkGrabber list. Host doesn't matter, and it's only the first link/click, every subsequent one the link goes all the way through to the LinkGrabber list. This is FF48.0.2 (yes, it's old, but add-ins I need are not supported on newer versions...).

Also, have you had a request to support Ayefiles? A search didn't find anything. Links just go through recaptcha several times before dying.