Thread: [Solved] reCaptcha Stopped Working
View Single Post
Old 13.06.2019, 16:13
Fibre Channel User

Unhappy I am loosing the last bit of my patience with Google...

Hello, once again...

I'm writing another post in this thread just to register my renewed frustration with Google Recaptcha and also in the hopes that something (in the "near" future, perhaps) may be done in terms of a solution jDownload may find and implement (two separate and very hard things to do, I recognize).

In the past weeks I have literally given up on doing anything at all that involves me solving a Recaptcha challenge. Unfortunately, the web has slowly become so nasty with "bad actors" that more and more sites are requiring me to complete a Recaptcha challenge, even for the most trivial things, like logging into a site, filling up a form, etc.

Last year, I was hopeful that a "non-javascript" version of the captcha would become more "human" and less time-consuming (and more widely available), but that never came to fruition... See that post here: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...&postcount=134

I don't know what I did wrong, or if it is just the fact that I am, indeed, filling up more captchas every single day, but it is becoming harder and (worst of all) more and more time-consuming:
- many sequential screens to solve,
- with many replacement images that seem to never stop,
- with many selection tasks that sometimes requires more than 12 mouse clicks,
- followed by many "try again" screens even when that coveted and supposed last "verify" screen comes out.
(and in many cases the images are getting worse and worse quality, which makes it yet another degree of dificulty)

I maintain, although some people have already refuted me, that Google will never fix this on their side because they're using us to train their AI engine (specially for self driving cars).
This video "You've been training AI for free" ( youtu.be / 1-cZkc7gyfI ) by the site "The Verge" just came out, and I believe it's pretty good evidence.

I have used most of the tools discussed in this thread and in the (surprisingly) very few resources available in this topic around the web. They used to work relatively well before (cleaning up web browser, private mode, etc), but now they are not helping. I realize that being logged in with own personal Google account on my main browser (firefox) does not help my case, but in this day and age I can not escape it...

My reasons for this post, besides wanting to incentivize the conversation on this topic, is:

(1) I wonder if everybody else is experiencing the same or is it just me?

(2) Any of you guys "see a light at the end of this tunnel", be it in a technical solution or any other kind of development?