View Single Post
Old 24.09.2019, 12:51
JD Beta

Location: Universe, Local group, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, France

Quote:
Originally Posted by taychive View Post
@Demongornot
Thank you, that work around worked. I agree with your explanation but there is just one thing that doesn't make sense. Why does the test run not care or matter if the synchronous execution is enabled or disabled? Does starting the script from the toolbar make it a part of the GUI process cause freezing where as the test button is running the script as an a separate/independent process?
True ! I didn't notice that it only freeze JDownloader when it is called from a button.
I tried with other trigger such as interval or a download stopped, sleep and alert don't cause JDownloader to freeze.
It totally throw away my previous theory.
You might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@Demongornot: The "Synchronous execution of script" should not freeze the GUI and I have to look into this. This is a bug and not a feature
I didn't noticed it only froze the GUI, I thought the whole JDownloader was stalled, but after testing a "sleep(20000);" from toolbar and main menu bar, and indeed a test download did progress during the 20 seconds.
I thought it was normal that "Synchronous execution of script" put on hold all operations so that it give the time for the script to do its thing and then resume everything.

Last edited by Demongornot; 24.09.2019 at 13:16.