View Single Post
Old 31.10.2022, 00:35
Vacuum Cleaner

So, now that it's been OVER TWO YEARS since the infamous "a nice present for Christmas 2020" post, and Jdownloader still faithfully breaks after 100 packages when crawling on YouTube. Now that YouTube doesn't allow you to sort by oldest videos and shrewdly doesn't show you all the videos when you view by newest, Jdownloader is OBJECTIVELY unusable for channel archiving. So, donations don't provide enough motivation, Jdownloader actually being unusable for archiving entire channels doesn't... are we ever going to see a solution to this? I'm about to take the 50 bucks I was willing to donate and buy 4K video downloader, which has always worked as expected. Yes, I know YT-DL exists, but a frontend that isn't very buggy still doesn't seem to exist, and I don't want to deal with CLI right now.

I understand that this is a free program, but when one of the primary uses for it is broken for over TWO YEARS and the only workaround no longer works, how patient am I really supposed to be? The ignoring of all the donation offers is what really blows my mind.

It's so frustrating because this is the ONLY reason that Jdownloader2 has gone from being hands down the best way to archive YouTube channels to the only one that's actually unusable for the task.

EDIT: I don't want to jump the gun here, but it does appear that all videos now show when scrolling in the "newest" direction, so gracefully it does appear that they reverted that change when removing the "sort by oldest" feature. So, it appears that the linkclipper workaround does still work. Still though... two years. We need to at least see some project notes or something. "We will get to it someday" doesn't work anymore. We need to know WHY it's taking so absurdly long. How do you not realize that by being very transparent about that, you're a lot more likely to get programmers to help you out with fixing it? In this time, you could have entirely rewritten the plugin to be based on YT-DL and shovel the responsibility for keeping up with YT changes to that team. What has taken over two years? The silence is worse than the bug not being fixed, at this point.

Last edited by jeffr; 31.10.2022 at 04:35.