Thread: [See Bugtracker] Logs and data privacy
View Single Post
Old 21.04.2018, 12:52
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
We rely on adware (only during installation, no hidden/forced installation, no malware, can be skipped/decline), advertising, affiliates and donations to keep JDownloader free to use. See **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
We also offer an adware free installer, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
The "adware" you're talking about is the hosting company banner?
I don't know if these ideas are in the area of your interest but I thought I can share this: (excuse my english) - I hope you (@raztoki @Jiaz) can see/read this below(?):
I think you could make great deals with reselling VPN's - WITHOUT favour any of them (unless there will be a special suited offer for jdownloader - lots of proxies, connection through TOR, more privacy etc.) - this is a very fast growing industry with great affiliate possibilities.
Great site that you could use to make your VPN offer:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

You could be also the biggest hosters reseller
And if someones premium account is going to finish SOON - you could propose him new -that you will have cheaper, registered on new disposable e-mail (for privacy) etc. What would be interesting is you as some kind of "firewall" between the hoster and user. So user might pay you money in EUR, USD etc and you could buy account for him in cryptocurrency.

You could probably get (if users agree) a list of most downloaded files and put them on yours premium accounts and add a "TOP 100" chart to Jdownloader - so people would buy and / or download the files with your referrer.
[/ISSUE]
========
In general I think you could gain a lot more interest by working on privacy - look: signal / telegram / cryptocurrencies etc . People are not aware of what's happening and those who are hate the fact that we are being spyed on all the time.
Care for users privacy more than they can do it by themselves

That's my 5 cents on business model which you probably already have managed

See you around!
nemO

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.04.2018 at 14:30.