View Single Post
Old 24.06.2009, 07:46
Quaddel

@deinemudder:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddel View Post
Know that there already is a fantastic add-on: RSFind!
never heard of, sounds interesting.
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefo...RSFIND&cat=all

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

As rsfind might be open source, it perhaps will save hours and hours of work.
We have find out whether source is available. Perhaps the author will distribute source if he is informed about JD-project.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaddel View Post
After installing you just click the icon in the browser and it will read all RS-links from the current page into a pop-up. There you can select the wanted links which will then get copied into the clipboard.
i think its much easier now with the linkcollector (think about the exact steps you would do in contrary to what you would do now) but i get where you're going!
Not really. You gotta try it out and compare. The present stage of JD-linkcollector will provide you with any crap like *.jpg links and you will have to sort the good ones out by yourself.
Rsfind will provide only links hosted on RS and some few more hosters.
So you only need to click "select all" and "ok" to get the job done.
Forget about the crap. What rsfind cannot deal with are textlinks without a hypertext-component. It is unable to deal with plain text. [Edit: I never tested the JD-filter-mechanism. Perhaps this will show up as very usefull.]

---

Password grabbing is always a great problem. Perhaps it would be possible to include some sophisticated user-defined grabbing syntax or word lists. It needs not to get exact matches. It would be ok to extract ten times more possible passwords out from the page then there really exist passwords. But the real existing passwords need to be included in the list of all possible passwords.

---

For shure all kinds of backups and data-storages and data-files have to be optional. As far as I know, this is ignored by JD in the moment. Have a look into the \container directory. There you will find any .dlc you ever downloaded. Dlcs will there be stored forever! But to make it even worse, this "feature" cannot be used for backup as the *.dlc loose their original names and are named by numbers instead.

Do you aggree, that users often wish or need to return to an url which they cannot remember no more? They need to search and spend very much time doing so.

JD is a very very proud project!

Last edited by Quaddel; 24.06.2009 at 07:59.