Thread: [User feedback required] [Discussion] Nitroflare plug-in cannot check account
View Single Post
Old 15.01.2016, 03:36
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWT10 View Post
Not sure what you mean there.
the final / generated link to the data isn't sent via https....

Quote:
Then the tracking by Cloudfare cookies isn't an issue since JDownloader cleans itself up.

If that's the case, I don't know why you made that earlier security statement about it. The statement you made in post #31
this is where you have once again miss understood. My recommendation was not to let cclean near jdownloader installation, its not required as we cleanup after ourself WHEN required. Storing clouldflare cookies wont be auto cleanedup as that's the whole point of that pending ticket. Currently its kept in memory when you restart all fresh session, soon as we save it be kept for ever! You also wont be able to purge as it will be kept in encrypted json file along with other plugin settings and if you deleted all the settings you would then have to reconfigure all your most used plugin settings...

Quote:
I did make the about:config change in Firefox, but that was only since last week.
I know, but you keep stating that it causes memory usage and keeping tabs open, which is incorrect... Why did you bring it up if the issue has been resolved?

Quote:
Whatever. I've been using programs since 1999 and I've seen some GUI designs in my lifetime. I respectfully won't comment any further about that.
JD2 GUI is built ontop of JD1, its the same with more features. You can't add more features without slight changes. Underlying interface is the same!

Quote:
Or it's a new problem that hasn't occurred before.
Very rare that a issue is introduced and you only get one report. For instance, when browser solver was introduced we got hundreds or posts. usually all in there own threads as people didn't search.

Quote:
There ya go... lol...

But I think you get my point...
I saw your point backwards, because my exposure to BMW over the years have given me the opinion that they are more reliable than any GM vehicle. I really don't get the 'fine tuning' statement either. But anyway...

Quote:
Well then you wouldn't have a job, now would you. lol...
Forums actually annoy me, I prefer people used IRC, or published Knowledge base (problem is with JD we have little KB articles) prior to resorting to forum.

Quote:
I've had many other issues whereby the simplest thing is to scroll down the forum and see if other posters have posted the same thing. If they haven't, that's when I usually ask. Not always, but some of the time. Or I'll type key words in your forum search. That can turn up some things as well.
its all about the right keyword, I don't recommend VB search as its shite. Utilise google "keyword site:board.jdownloader.org"

Quote:
True, it should. But not always. I just put one in the other day about the right-mouse click disable option and it turned out it was another bug from a previous update. It happens. I understand that.
that issue has been present for 2 + years and wasn't a new update that introduced it, you just happen to find it recently. BTW there are posts about it on the forum.

Quote:
I understand, but I know I wasn't emailing as much about problems back then. Probably due, as you say, to it being mostly plug-in issues and not the rest of it which seems to have complicated things further.
not quite what I said/meant: I said that there are many core bugs, just we didn't 'fix' them, thus you didn't notice any change. You would have only noticed change within plugins since they did get fixed (plugins are shared between the different versions of JDownloader)

Quote:
Good conversation, respectfully thanks.
=]

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 15.01.2016 at 03:39.