View Single Post
Old 26.06.2013, 10:15
JD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky151 View Post
Thanks for the reply, now that I have a solid answer, I can definitely say that my issue is unrelated to the vevo restrictions as I first noticed this issue a year or two ago, back even before JD2 was in existence. I also noticed it happening on videos from REGULAR users, this was a while back where youtube used the old channel formats and everybody had a standard layout.

I don't really understand why my thread was chucked in here but oh well. ? Its also odd that my JD2 got contaminated with the vevo restriction update as I run it from a virtual machine so the application never quits and auto-updates are disabled. To date that session of JD has been running since last year lol.

R.I.P jdownloader - you were good while it worked, thanks for the memories.

For anyone else struggling with my issue / vevo links, get a chrome extension youtube downader, I posted a url to it a few posts above in a reply to william.
You're welcome.

Google occasionally breaks all sort of YouTube downloaders for years. My fave MacTubes cannot even view VEVO videos now.

However, they are alternatives for Firefox and Chrome. Safari, has to go through some work around.

jDownloader is still a great app. Hope, the makers find a work around soon. Could learn a few things from some YouTube web browser extensions.