View Single Post
Old 30.10.2009, 01:04
stojke

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamaha View Post
stojke if Jdownloader is a "(good) download manager" has to have torrent support. Because most of people want to use one manager for everything.
Don't forget that Jdownloader works on every OS. So I can resume the same download after I restart my computer (and change the OS). So if I use Linux and windows or mac and windows I can resume my torrent files too. But there is no a download manager which works on every OS. So for torrent files I have to use just one OS :( . Thats why torrent support is very important.
I know it is great to use one application for all your needs, but you will never find that kind of software free, and JD is free. It would be cool to use JD as an antivirus, firewall, file manager, media player ... but that requires time, people, money,and after all the work JD would probably be worse than other free software in their domain. JD is downloader for filehosting web sites and it is best of its kind, and it's free!

Speaking of torrent clients, BitTorrent and Vuze work on Windows, Mac and Linux.I haven't used them on mac but you don't even need the same client to resume the torrent file you are downloading you just need to open torrent file with any client and set downloading to same directory.